Tapers? Are they hard?

After making container candles for a LONG time and not having probelms with them, I am about to begin my "pillar" making adventure (and wondered about making tapers also). I have read and re-read things on tapers on so many different boards lately that I can almost scream! Some posters say they just buy regular 'ol tapers from the store and then dip them in their own wax (for grubbies)? HUH? I've read that the tapers stick in most molds (except silicone) and honestly, they are sounding a little scary! (How does one wick a taper).

Any advice out there would be greatly appreciated-as to molds, wick, and basic help!! (the pillars seem like they will be a breeze compared to tapers).

Tapers are not hard to make but very time consuming. There is no way I could sell mine for 4 for $1, which I have found in my area for 8"-10". I would most likely have to sell them for $2 or more each because of the time.

To bring your time down you would need huge dipping tanks with huge dipping racks that would make 50-100 at a time, then you would need a large shop to hold all that large equipment.