back into candle making

beauloser

I'm from Steeler Country as well (although...sadly I admit, I am actually a 49er fan, none the less, still cheer for Cowher and the boys) Do you sell these at any craft shows? I've always been leary about using any "team logos" on anything for sale due to the copyright issues. I even read somewhere that you can't use licensed fabric to make things that you are selling. Just crazy! I only do local small craft shows, so I guess the "copyright maffia" aren't as critical.

I'm from Steeler Country as well (although...sadly I admit, I am actually a 49er fan, none the less, still cheer for Cowher and the boys) Do you sell these at any craft shows? I've always been leary about using any "team logos" on anything for sale due to the copyright issues. I even read somewhere that you can't use licensed fabric to make things that you are selling. Just crazy! I only do local small craft shows, so I guess the "copyright maffia" aren't as critical.

Did a show last weekend and a vendor was selling pillows. All were licensed fabric of baseball teams, football teams and NASCAR drivers. Almost bought Jeff Gordon except she was charging $38.00 for a pillow. I know how to sew and could make it for a LOT less. LOL

A few years ago a friend of mine was doing some college football team logo crafting and was selling it in her craft store. She decided to take her stuff to one of their home games and was "peddling" it in the parking lot. Security showed up and told her to pack it up or leave. She left...sent her son back with her stuff the next home game and the same thing happened. You gotta be careful...:undecided

Those are ALL great 'canes. How do they look w/ something lit up inside?

I'd be worried about copyright issues, too. If the team, or whomever, were to sue you for infringement, would it be worth it? I wonder what you'd have to do to get permission to use the logos & then sell your 'canes. Since you're working as part of a "cottage industry" (work done at home), I wonder if you could get some kind of special pricing based on % of sales rather than a flat fee (I'm guessing that's how it works).