Show this weekend...and the weather is not good

lindsaycb

are you doing the big festival up there in WI, the one that gathers like 100,000 people? I have a few friends in the business doing that show. If it is I would go, unless they are calling for flodding or something. People will come out in the rain if its a good show. If it's a small show. maybe not. How much $ do you have invested and can you loose your place in the show?

Ooo, the big one this weekend is in the Dell's. But no, that's not it. I'm doing Golden Harvest in Green Lake. Its Sat & Sunday, should draw 8-10,000...but if the weather is ugly, what a bummer.

Booth fee was $85, so nothing that would kill me. & I am set up for additional weekends coming up too.

I have a show this week-end too but going to make a go of it.How will we know if we do not show.

It is supposed to rain.Just will be crossing my fingers. Now if lightning I am out of there.My set up will not be safe for that.Not even under my EZ-up.

LynnS

Count me in too. I'm in NW Indiana. On top of it all, the town that the craft show is in is one of the places on the disaster areas hit last week with horrible flooding. You might of saw it on the weather channel last Thursday. Some people had 5+ feet of water in their homes. I'm not kidding! I know one kid's car from work floated away. People should be in great spirits from cleaning out their sewage infested basements to pop right down and buy candles. :undecided

Won't hurt to advertise I guess.

Sounds like rain on everyone's parade. I have a show on Saturday and calling for rain here too. But...I am going because I don't trust the weathermen. When they call for a beautiful day it rains...and when they call for rain it's sunny. A few years ago I set up in the spring in a torrential rainstorm that was not predicted...all day the weather channel was saying it was sunny in our area. LOL After an hour the promoters came around and told us to pack up and go home and they were rescheduling to a fall show. Because a few of us brave souls showed up and had set up for selling we were told that if we signed up to come back the booth space was free. Of course those who didn't show had to pay again. I'm glad I decided to travel and set up in the rain that day because when I went back I had one of my best shows.

Maggie

Actually the big fest in The Dells was

39th Annual Wo-Zha-Wa Days Fall Festival

and it does draw 100,000 people. Its supposed to be incredile. But it was last weekend.

There's another one on October 21st weekend. I'm tempted to do that one. Attendance is at 25,000

Cranberry Fest in Eagle River would be an incredible one too. But a little pricey!

yeah I knew it was something weird like that lol My sister said that there was so many people - honestly she hasn't seen that many even in the summertime and the Dells are packed in the summer. She was really surprised.

I personally think that fall weather brings out all the shoppers in the midwest - we seem to love the cold (well, not ME, I hate it lol)

I have a show this weekend we have a 30% chance of rain here. It is the Plains Peanut Festival with Ex Pres Jimmy Carter. We are the ONLY soap and candle vendors going. It was a juried show or at least my app said it was. It is 10th year and MR Planter Peanut is 100 this year and he will be there. So I hope turn out will be good and that it does not rain. Either way I have my EZ up!

Well the weather was nice for about 10 minutes... & then in just was crappy the rest of the afternoon. We zipped it all up an hour early because it just wasn't stopping. Nasty!

But, all in all...I'm glad I went today. HOpefully tomorrow will be better. In total so far sales are just about 6x my booth fee.

Great news! See what you would have missed? Market today was supposed to be really nice, 78-80 and sunshine. Spot on 'cept the forecaster didn't tell us about the wind! The candle gal next to me had the top of her tent break in 2, the jeweler on the other side of me had the top fold in half, and 2 other booths down the row blew apart... All the vendors were hanging on to their tent legs - looked funny all down the line...

Perfect weather for my show...was a litttle chilly , then got dark like it was going to rain, then the sun came out. EXCELLENT SHOW!!! I exceeded my awesome goal by 15%.

Each show i set a dollar amount I want to make to be happy, then I set another goal to make it an awesome show. I sometimes alter last minute depending on the weater. The show was from 8:30-4:30 and there was not one break in the crowd....at all. never had that happen before. 36_1_21.gif

Also picked up 2 potential wholesale accounts...yeah!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk121JJUS

My show today was HOT AND GNATS EVERYWHERE HUMID HUMID HUMID!!

But I did great 7x booth fee. My feet hurt I do not think I sat down for a soild 10 minutes. I bought something to eat and ended up throwing away it got cold and I just was to busy to eat. Lot's of candles sold several soaps 1/2 of my firestarters and a few lip balms.

I was burning Amish Harvest since it was 1st day of Fall today and I sold ALOT of that 1!! 2nd best seller Fruit Slices and Pumpkin pie tied.

I will post pics later!

Well wholy canolies....today was much much better than yesterday. A perfect fall day. All in all...12x my booth fee. Big sellers today again were Country Clothesline candles & bath bombs. IT was nuts.

Gardener's Soap & London Lemon Curd were flying, along with Patchouli Rasp soap. Seems everyone wanted a good face soap.

I love coming home with empty boxes!