Pumpkin Jars

Ok, so since I'm a huge fall/halloween nut, I was shopping around today and found these terribly cute jack-o-lantern jars at our local Roses. However, they are not the same I've seen in other posts. These are by Libbey and when I got home I put one of those babies on the scale to measure roughly how much wax would be needed to fill it. My eyes bugged out of my head when the scale read 39 oz (yes, I did tare the weight of the jar out, this was the water in the jar only)!!!!!!:eek: Has anyone else ever used such a large size jar for a seasonal item? If so, how well did it sell for you? I only bought six, so hopefully they will not hang around for long. Wanted to take them to my weekend show for Halloween.

Yeah, those were what I was looking for to begin with, but I haven't found them locally. The one's I picked up were so cute, I didn't realize how big they were until I got them home. (Must be shoppers delusions or something:D ). Plus, I got them for only $1.00 a piece! One of these days I'll learn to say no to a cheap price.

Yeah, those were what I was looking for to begin with, but I haven't found them locally. The one's I picked up were so cute, I didn't realize how big they were until I got them home. (Must be shoppers delusions or something:D ). Plus, I got them for only $1.00 a piece! One of these days I'll learn to say no to a cheap price.

Still use them....just think of something creative that is not going to cost your customer a bunch of moolah...

Well, I've crunched some numbers, and if I did fill it with all 39 oz of wax, (whoa! that baby'll last forever) I could actually put a price on it between $23.00 - $24.00 and still come out pretty good. Would that be unreasonable?

I have a pumpkin jar that size and no way did I pay just $1 for them so I think you need to look at what it might cost if you could not find them for $1 anymore.

I have two sizes from Anchor Hocking we sell.

One is an 18oz jar and one is a 70oz jar

I bought the 70oz jar for $1.75 each and the

18oz cost nearly the same.

If you want to see them my website is www.bluediamondcandle.com

Oooooh, that 70 oz sure is cute with the embeds on the top. Actually, I really like all of them, nice work! I think I may go ahead and just give it a try with just wax. I'm not going to price them too high so I don't have them left over when the season is over. I am going to make them a bit more interesting than just straight wax. I have a few ideas up my sleeve . . . just have to decide on one! :tongue2: I've already blended my scent, so I know I'm going to have it be a chocolate pumpkin spice something or other, haven't worked out the name yet, but it's basically a pumpkin brownie mix and smells sooooooooo delicious.