layer Candles

I weighed out the amount of wax for the container, heated, then put my fragrance in. At this point I weigh out the amount of wax for the layer. Added color and poured in container. When it had cooled, I added color to remaining wax for next layer and poured. Hope this makes sense.

That's pretty much how you're suppose to do it, however, some people use several presto pots and have different colors melted and all ready to go at the same time for each layer. I've got three that I use when making layers.

That's how I do it. I find this the easiest.

I use one color and one f/o at a time and just make more than one candle with it.

I make pillars only right now so I'll set up three or four molds, melt, mix, sniff (ahhh) and pour in all four. I'm not picky about how much goes in each one as long as I use all the wax I have ready. When they're cool I do the next layer on each one.

It is pretty satisfying when I'm done, turning over four molds and producing four matching (but different sized/shaped) layered pillars.

I've also started doing the fancy slanted layers, where you tilt the mold. That's dangerous, I found. The hard way. :)