products safe to use in whirlpool tub?

idacandlelady

You cannot use anything with butters or oils in them, so if you want something she can use make sure it's not a "moisturizing" product. Even if a vendor doesn't want to list ingredients (though most will), they will certainly tell you if it has these so you can determine if they are safe for a jacuzzi or whatever.

Even with regular bubble baths you have to be careful what you get... I find the kids' ones are the best cause they are usually not jazzed up with oils!

I love my whirlpool tub, but it's awful that I cannot use any products with oils. When we first moved to our home( 6 years ago), I used the jets on the tub all the time. Then when I started making my own products, I wanted to use them in my awesome tub, so I stopped using the jets. They are such a PITA to clean. I have to use peroxide every week and let the jets run to get all of the gunk out. Doing it weekly works fine. I wish I could find covers for the jets since I don't use them except to flush the jets once a week.

Ann

Periodically I will add a good amount of bleach to the tub filled with hot water and run the jets for a while to clean them out and kill those bad smelly scoobies that are hanging out in the system. Then drain, refill with water and run the jets to rinse out the residual bleach in the lines. Got this tip from one of those home improvement shows and it really does work. (Note: If you're sensitive to bleach fumes, like I am, you may want to open the windows or somehow get some extra ventilation going in there.)

I hate scrubbing bathtubs. Ya know that annoying ring that you get sometimes? Anyway, I found that Greased Lightning and Goo-Gone work terrific. Just spray it on, leave it for a minute or so, and you can wipe that ring away with hardly any effort. My tub is cultured marble and these products have not harmed it anyway.

Forgot to mention, that we also avoid using a lot of oil type products with the whirlpool.

Please explain why you can not use products with oils in them in the whirlpool tubs? I understand about the bubbles and such, but not the oils. TIA

In a Whirlpool type of tub the water for the jets is circulated around. So the oil in these products will get into those lines & get them dirty. Even if you don't use oil products with your whirlpool you still need to clean the jets every 2 weeks to a month.

There is always water in the jet lines & when you have sitting water you have mold. I was told by Kohler to fill my tub up with water pour 20 oz of bleach & 1&1/2 tsp of powdered dishwasher detergent. Let that run for 5-15 minutes. (this soap will not bubble in the tub.) Then drain & rinse. I found out for myself do not use the gel bleach (Clorox brand) that will bubble up in your tub & make a HUGE mess, just use the cheep regular bleach.

Karen B

PS I don't know if bath salts are OK but I don't turn the jets on when I use them. They may be safe but I have a fear that the FO would be enough to dirty up those jets so I don't bother. (which is a huge bummer, I would love to have the jets on with the bath salts)