late frosting

Hey guys, what do you do when you're candle have been curing for a few days and then starts to develop frosting? I made 5- 6oz. jars with 444 and they were all perfect, till today. I know 444 is prone to frosting, but I thought that I would be in the clear by now since it's been 3 days. I'm just concerned that if I ever considered selling, how my product would look after a few months on the shelf! Do I just embrace it and move on? TY.

Add a 1/2 tsp of UV Inhibitor should help with the frosting...I have been learning to let go of my vision of a perfect soy candle and have come to the conclusion that if the candle doesn't frost then it is not a true soy candle. :meditate: I have become one with the frost!

Not sure UV inhibitor helps much with frosting, but it's a good thing to use anyway. I have candles that don't show frost for a week or so, then there it is. It's getting cooler in IL now, that doesn't help the frost issue any either.

Hi Amy,

Actually I got that tip from Dan at Candle Science...1/2 tsp pp of wax, I have been doing it for the last several weeks and so far no frost! Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part. Anyway it seems to be working so far so who knows perhaps there is something to it.:wink2:

Hi Amy,

Actually I got that tip from Dan at Candle Science...1/2 tsp pp of wax, I have been doing it for the last several weeks and so far no frost! Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part. Anyway it seems to be working so far so who knows perhaps there is something to it.:wink2:

Since you started using UV have your candles been exposed to the cold? It seems frost shows or comes out more when the candle is in cold temps. Not poured in the cold but in a cold temp days later.

No...I can't say that they have been exposed to the cold. We are getting a cold front heading our way this week it is suppose to go down in the low 70's at night...lol...but I guess that is not cold enough. I have gotten frost in the past even with the warmer temps down here which I have gotten used to but when I started to add the UV it seems to be much less. Perhaps I will stick them in the fridge for a while and see what happens it will most likely never get cold enough here to really know.:confused: