Can I just rant for a minute?

KristinesShower

No need to reply, I just need to bitch for a minute.

Ok, so I am getting some things done for my business and I am working with some professional people that do this work.

WHY is it that THEY think THEY know what I want?

Holy crap, just DO WHAT I TELL YOU OK? Stop making decisions, stop sending me proofs of what you think "looks better", etc. It's MY business and if you think what I am doing sucks, too friggin' bad - it's MY business dammit.

I mean, what am I paying you for??? :angry2:

Thank you for the rant - that is all :grin2:

I don't think some people recognize that you have a vision of what your business should be, and that every little thing you do has a cummulative effect to get you to that ultimate vision. Even if they have good intentions, some people ideas of what your product or your store or your display should look like is NOT necessarily what we think is right for our own image.

Wow. Interesting to see it from the other side. I just quit my business as a web designer because I was sick of my clients thinking that they knew what looked better for thier business than what I thought as a professional designer looked better.

Very wierd for me to see it on the other side. I can see your point. Rant away!

Wow. Interesting to see it from the other side. I just quit my business as a web designer because I was sick of my clients thinking that they knew what looked better for thier business than what I thought as a professional designer looked better.

Very wierd for me to see it on the other side. I can see your point. Rant away!

Interesting Sandy, but personally as business owners we basically have to live by this motto-- "the customer is ALWAYS right!!" after all, THEY pay our bills right? ;)

Yes, as a web designer designing someone's site, YOU would know the ins and outs of that, but as far as schemes, colors, fonts, layouts, etc. Hey, as long as they're paying ya then it all comes down to what THEY want, I mean you can advise them on what you think will work etc. but ultimately they are the ones putting the money out so they should get what they want right?

Mind you there is only so far you can take the "the customer is ALWAYS right" motto, I mean if it's harmful or against your morals, or it's just someone trying to scam, then of course this motto would become null and void!! ;) LOL

We can't please everyone all the time 100% of the time, but we should sure try!