How far in advance...

andrealh1975

Depending on the size of the show and if the show sign up date determines your location in the show.

One of our local high schools gives the crafters until 1pm to secure their spot for the next show - but the people that want a better/different spot begin to hang out in the office about noon waiting (they pull numbers and cannot leave or they will lose their spot).

But not all shows are done like that....

Depending on how large the show is & the popularity of it - I just moved, but in CA, there were very large shows that had a high attendance rate. They would sell out of vendor slots about 8 months in advance. If it was a show like that, I'd sign up for it as soon as they would allow.

Well I have 2 shows that I sign up again during the middle of the show so I can get my same spot next year. So that is a year in advance. but for a normal shows I usually go for 6 to 8 months I love shows that let me sign up that early so I can plan other shows around that one. But at the same time I want an acceptance letter with in 2 months of me signing up so I know if I am in or not so I can plan accordingly.

I'm with Vicky. The show I did this past weekend was booked last year at the same show. I also got the application for the spring show in April in my packet. I like a couple of bigger shows booked in advance so I can pick and choose smaller shows in between.

I also have a show that I sign up for a year in advance. It's a good show with an 80% return vendor rate. Good location, well established, lots of traffic and great sales. Love my booth location and don't want to risk changing it, so by signing up this early we get dibs on the same spot. It's at a great time of year too....peak of the buying season for me. :)

Plus we returning vendors get a discount when we sign up for next year's show while we're doing the current one. This show's hard to get into, so I don't beat around the bush. LOL The hosts have quite a waiting list.