Stain Stick?

KJohnson

So I was doing a show this past weekend and a lady that had bought some Kitchen soap from me a few months back spotted me and was soooo glad to see me..she said that she had been using my kitchen soap (CP) as a stain stick for her sons uniforms ...for grass stains..etc. And she bought 5 more bars!!

So Im thinking..how in the world could i package my CP kitchen soap in a push up??? thats not possible..is it??

Kris

It is amazing how CP works for stains. I had an unscented, uncolored bar that I found. I used it on an oil stain on one of my t-shirts from getting a little too crazy weighting out my olive oil for soap. I just wet the bar, rubbed it on the stain and threw it in the wash. It worked well. Granted, the bar that I used was my 'normal' recipe so it had good stuff in it but I think that a 90% palm or lard and 10% coconut for lather would work well.

I too think that you would be just fine with making a 'stain stick' in a push up or twist tube.

I made a 100% lard soap in a push up deo stick and it came out great (tho it was a bear to get it to push up initially). my thing is that the lard soap is so darned hard it's a struggle to rub enough onto the clothes!

I tried it on my son's pants but haven't checked how they came out yet.

Should I have wet the cloth first? Do we even need lather?

• 1 month later...

I know the soap my mother had we always wet the spot and then rubbed the soap on it. No it didn't lather really at all but it worked great I believe it was 100% pure lard. I'm going to try making some of this my brother and sis in law are begging for some lmao.

Well now I am real curious - 100% lard soap? Do tell.....I have not heard about this.....and you use it for laundry soap or just the 'stain stick' type idea? If you put it in a push up tube, does it go thru gel? If it gels, doesn't it get too hot? Melt the push up tube? Interesting.......

I too would like to know the proper way to put them in push up tubes. I would really like to do them that way I think it would make them look more professional. If never really paid alot of attention when my mother was making soap for all I know they could have said their bacon drippings for this also. I'm pretty sure they used pretty much what was on hand since money was tight.

I make a laundry bar/stain stick soap out of almost all coconut oil (and a small percentage of stearic). This gives me the high cleansing numbers, rock-hardness & bubbles that I like for working out the tough laundry "issues". Works great! I keep some of it pre-grated up in a ziploc for adding to the wash, and the bars are used for rubbing directly onto the stains.

As for putting these in push-up tubes...I haven't done it, but my thoughts are that there wouldn't be enough soap inside of the tube (volume/density wise) to generate enough heat to be a problem. To be safe, I'd take extra precautions to avoid gel, like maybe sitting them in the basement or even the fridge. Like I said, I haven't tried that (yet) but that's my two cents on how it might go. If you try it, please keep us posted on the results! :-)

I made mine (the 100% lard) in oval push-up deodorant stick tubes. I did CP and just poured the raw soap into the tubes at light trace. I left the caps off and they hardened up beautifully within 2 days (not sure exactly when, I didn't look). One suggestion I have is that before you distribute them you push the soap up once to "break" the seal between the soap and the sides of the tube.

Either - lard or CO - will give you a rock-hard soap.