Selling raw material

Sandy1980

Is here anyone who sells the raw material for candle making? I would like to open my own online-shop, and first of all I'd like to sell raw material.

Does anyone know the following book? "Stop Burning Time & Money

in your Candle Business"

I would like to know what you are thinking about it, and if it's also good for someone who sells raw material instead of candles (One day I would like to sell some candles, too. But selling raw material, and giving some advices, seems to be more interesting to me.) :wink2:

Bye, Sandy

Haven't been making candles long enough to really answer you, but having some one to ask for advice sounds good.The book interested me as well as i had never heard of it i don't spose u could tell me the author and where i might find it?

I'm sure some others who no a bit more would be able to help you!!

I guess I don't understand....if you've never made candles, how you could give advice!! :confused: There are a lot of candle making suppliers out there, so your competition would be pretty heavy depending on what exactly you would be selling and at what price!! Good luck!

Are you asking us what we think about the book so you can become an affiliate to sell the book to??

If so it's a great book, but I already knew half of the information in it. The marketing part is good, gives you some ideas. Almost everything in that book can be learned here for FREE.

I think the book mainly focuses on chandlers not suppliers. I think it would be a waste of your money to buy it for yourself.

Mindy :)

I guess I don't understand....if you've never made candles, how you could give advice!! :confused: There are a lot of candle making suppliers out there, so your competition would be pretty heavy depending on what exactly you would be selling and at what price!! Good luck!

Was thinking the same thing-if you don't make candles how can you give out advice?

I am making my own candles, but here in Germany are too many who sell their selfmade candles, and only a few who sell the raw material (I'm not speaking about being a wholesaler), that's why I won't need too much money. I guess you might not know our market, and you can't compare it to the market in the USA or in England. ;)

Bye,

Sandy

I think I would say to study up on every aspect of candlemaking because candlemakers put alot of stock into their suppliers. They hope they test what they sell, try everything, can give you advice when you need it - pretty much be a candlemaker yourself KWIM?

That is the way I do my business anyway. I like to go with trusted suppliers that can really help you if you are in a jam.

Maybe there could be a way to talk to trusted suppliers in the US to help you get started overseas?

What does "KWIM" mean?

It's really difficult to find trusted suppliers. Could you name a few? There are so much, that I don't know where to start. And I must be careful that the shipping isn't too expensive. I've never imported anything, and the law in Germany is a bit complicated (they want money for everything...). I guess the laws in foreign countries are much easier to understand. That's why many German people go away from here.

Thank you very much for helping me!!!

Bye,

Sandy

Thank you. Well, I will be a candlemaker by myself, but I'm not very creative, and there are still many wonderful candles on the market. That's why I don't want to sell the candles. It's just for me, and for knowing what I am selling, and to be able to give advices to the customers. :wink2:

Bye,

Sandy