Paraffin Wax Bowls for Hand Treatments

thecandlespastore

HI everyone! I want to add Paraffin wax treatments to my line, but I am looking for a good bowl that the wax can go in that my clients can just pop into the microwave and dip their hands in. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find neat bowls or packaging for this kind of thing? TIA!

My only suggestion would be to look for something less bowl like totally. Something wide enough to place your hands in flat, deep enough to cover them that way but not deep like a regular bowl per say. Something square. I think this would make it easier to melt more evenly. The square shape -or rounded square, lends its self to the 'Zen' idea nicely. Then again if it isn't deep enough- will it stay melted long enough? I'm afraid i'm not much help!:undecided

I'm thinking that maybe there is a container for something else that would work great for this.. know what I mean? Think outside the box (no pun intended, lol) I'm stubborn though, lol, so I will keep this in mind and if i see anything I will let you know! Keep us posted- Laura.

I was thinking along the lines of what Michi said. When I first had this done in a salon, I loved it. I bought my own set that is almost identical to the one in the salon. I doubt seriously I would have even considered anything that had to be microwaved because of burn fears.

What if you went the refil route... you know- sell really nice heavy bowls/dishes whatever with a block of your special wax and instruct buyers to heat in any kind of micro safe container and then to transfer to the special bowl? The process of pouring would have a 'quick cool and stir' effect reducing hot spots. ?? Or you could sell it in any of the glad ware type containers that are meant for micros. The would still want to pour it into a dif container for use. For repeat customers they would just buy the wax. You would also want to include a disclaimer about how different micros have different wattage ranges and to use the lowest setting necessary to avoid overheating, 20 sec intervals, blah blah etc.