Oily CP

MsDammit

What did I do wrong now dammit??!! I made a 2lb batch and a 3lb batch- the smaller batch had some oil on the top but it's drying up but the 3 lb'er is really oily on top, it even left grease stains on the freezer paper. I've had alot of goof ups, but never this.:undecided

My little 2 lbers sweated like a pig (kinda ironic since it was a piggy soap lol) but it was horrible. However, I think I pulled it during the final stages of saponification, because it was a new recipe and I was too impatient after feather dusting that afternoon.

However, my 3 lber sweated too. I'm thinking I may have just insulated too much?

I'm thinking I insulated it too much also because they seem to be drying out-slowly but surely. HOWEVER- I thought I had finally swirled but when I cut them last nite the middles were all white. I poured a thin layer of one color, then used a ketchup bottle and did squiglies with another color, etc. Dragged a chopstick through-I was sure the swirls would go all the way through dammit.:(