Does Anyone Use Enchanted-Lites Soy Wax??

Hi Everyone,

I was talking with someone about Enchanted-Lites wax and I wanted to know do any of you use it?

What are you likes/dislikes about it?

What is it best used for (votives, tarts, etc.)?

Does it have a great hot/cold throw?

Everything that you can offer me would be great. I am a newbie and I am in my researching stages. Right now I am using NG's Joy Wax but I would like to use a supplier that is closer to me. The supplier for the Enchanted-Lites is actually in the same city as I am, so this would definitely heelp with shipping cost, as I am a WAHM!!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Veronica

I have not tried the millennium blend, but have tried the regular EL soy. In fact I tried many of the soys that were/are on the market. I did not chose to go with the EL soy, not because it wasn’t a good wax, but because I got a different wax to work better for me. Every tester and testing environment is going to be different and you are going to have different results based on how you test and what your expectations are of the wax. Most pure soys on their own, do have rough tops and a little cracking. Many people learn how to deal with the issue by either adjusting the pouring temperature, by additives, or by adjusting how the candles cool. If it were me and I had a supplier that close, I would order a sample bag of the wax/waxes you are interested in and test them for yourself. If there is something that just isn’t right, try to fix it by making adjustments. If you have made adjustments (tweaked it) and it still isn’t what you are looking for, then you will know you have tried everything and this wax just isn’t for you. Then just move on to another wax. But having a supplier that close is, to me; definitely would be worth trying it out.

Thanks Kerry,

That's what I was going to do because it would help a lot with shipping. I have emailed them and asked about their free wax if they could send me some so that I can do the testing! I haven't heard word back from them yet! So hopefully, it will work great with me! Thanks!

Veronica

Hi. I tested both and felt the el container blend was better than the millenium. Both had some cracking and frosting issues, but less with the container. The other drawback is they say only 6 or 7% FO and some scents I have seem to need a higher amount but some of the other waxes say the same and people use more? Not sure this helps. Beth

I heard that if you use a universal additive that it will give smoother tops..I am thinking of trying this..I am testing both EL soy and Ecosoya Advanced..I like the awesome scent throw that EL gives off...But I donot like the way it looks...I like the way the ecosoya looks..smooth tops and little to no frosting..but the scent throw is very weak...AGHHHH..I will be experimenting..

Oh..another thing..I guess beeswax is also supposed to help..donot know for sure..I read that somewhere too..

What about Crisco. I have heard that you can add a little Crisco to the wax and that makes the candle creamier and better scent throw. I have a shipment from EL coming in probably on Monday, so I will get testing to find out what is going to do the job!

I havve tried my first batch today with NG's Joy Wax and I am loving it! I have to wait 3 days first to burn them. I may wait a little longer, I don't know!

Veronica

What about Crisco. I have heard that you can add a little Crisco to the wax and that makes the candle creamier and better scent throw. I have a shipment from EL coming in probably on Monday, so I will get testing to find out what is going to do the job!

I havve tried my first batch today with NG's Joy Wax and I am loving it! I have to wait 3 days first to burn them. I may wait a little longer, I don't know!

Veronica

I wouldn't add crisco, that will make it smoke. Plus crisco is considered an oil and you can only put so much oil in a candle before it will seep.

I use el soy and I love it. I tested the millenium and it had good throw but I got wet spots. I don't think that it was any fault of the wax I believe that it was the weather that affected my testing. As for scent throw I get good scent throw will all the waxes and I use 1 ounce of oil per pound. The key to the container waxes is to pour them at the right temp. Which is slushy. That will help correct the problem with the tops. But as for the frosting well that is just a natural occuring thing with soy. My customers actually enjoy the look. Please remember that the oils you use may affect the outcome of frosting. I have some that are horrible for frosting but dang they sure do smell good. If you have anymore questions pm me and I would be happy to help.