Your fav. wax??

Just curious to see who likes what.. so far my favorite is turning out to be J225 I love both the cold and hot throw.... I have a sample coming in the mail of a soy wax so we'll see how well I do with it!:eek:

Id really like to find something that doesnt cost as much but works just as well..Ive tried J223 but I wasnt crazy about all the wet spots..so heres to more testing lol..

Depends on what I'm making.

For containers I use J50 with select additives.

For votives I use 4794 with select additives.

Pillars, I use a few, depending on what I'm going for I use 4625, 1343, and I still have some of Peaks costum blend that I LOVE but they no longer have manufactured for them.

I also use beeswax for certain things, and hurricane wax for my hurricanes.

These are all my "favorites" for the particular use I use them for.

Hope that makes sense! lol

Ooooooh I'm kinda scared saying that I love soy wax the best amongst all you paraffin users but its true and I like Golden Brands GW444 the best!

Its a great container wax. Just to make you all feel better,,,I also like paraffin candles too since theres a lot you can make with it that you can't do with soy.

Ooooooh I'm kinda scared saying that I love soy wax the best amongst all you paraffin users but its true and I like Golden Brands GW444 the best!

Its a great container wax. Just to make you all feel better,,,I also like paraffin candles too since theres a lot you can make with it that you can't do with soy.

Have you tried the new GW444 blend yet? If so what do you think about it...I just got a sample the other day but have not tired it yet. If I decide I have taken enough abuse from the Ecosoy Advanced I may give it a try. I guess I bought into the soy hype lol...:wink2:

So far I like the J50, except I do get wet spots with it. I tried JS123 and hardly no wet spots, it was a pretty wax, but I couldn't get a good scent throw with it. I see someone said they use additives with J50, what do you use? I don't use any! But even with the wet spots it seems to be my favorite, so far.

lsbennis--- I have been using the new GW 444 and I love it! I get mine from Melissa at www.soycandle.com If you have any kind of problems she is the best for customer service and their prices are very reasonable. You can also talk to Jason the manufacturer of this wax , hes very helpful to. It takes a litlle getting used to the little minor irratations of this wax but once you do you will love the outcome. Just keep the heat gun handy. I went to a business the other night with them and sold 50 candles. The throw on mine is very good. I also like to use 1 and 1/2 ounces of fragrance per pound of wax. So my candles smell great hot or cold.

I guess I am just a soy fan:D

lsbennis--- I have been using the new GW 444 and I love it! I get mine from Melissa at www.soycandle.com If you have any kind of problems she is the best for customer service and their prices are very reasonable. You can also talk to Jason the manufacturer of this wax , hes very helpful to. It takes a litlle getting used to the little minor irratations of this wax but once you do you will love the outcome. Just keep the heat gun handy. I went to a business the other night with them and sold 50 candles. The throw on mine is very good. I also like to use 1 and 1/2 ounces of fragrance per pound of wax. So my candles smell great hot or cold.

I guess I am just a soy fan:D

That is where I got my sample from...I just poured some today and yes you do need the heat gun handy. I guess I got spoiled by the ES Advanced it always sets up smooth as a babys bottom. I used 1oz pp of FO and added 1/2 tsp of UV Inhibitor to cut down on frosting, so far no wet spots and no frost. I hope the 444 will be easier to wick, I used CD's so we will see how it burns. I'm glad you are having a good experience with this wax because so far I have had one heck of a time with soy but I don't want to use anything else so I guess I will keep trying....:wink2: