Realistic Pumpkin Pie Soap *CUT PICS*

SoapInTheCity

Using Bramble Berry's "Pumpkin Spice" I made this 'pumpkin pie' soap. THIS FO IS A MUST HAVE! IT ROCKS!!!! I added vanilla pod specks to resemble the 'spices'. The hardest part was lining my cake pan! ARGHHHH!!!! Never again!

I made the 'whip cream' with my olive oil soap! I added a wee bit of silver mica for a little sparkle. Once I put the 'whip cream' on, I realized a pumpkin pie doesn't have that much whip cream on it (WELL MINE WOULD!).......this looks more like icing! Shoot! I should have just put a dollop on!

pumpkinpieontraysmalljm4.jpg

Great job! That looks better than my real pumpkin pie. I'm really not much of a baker :rolleyes2 lol. Not much of a "cooker" anymore either come to think of it!

Looks really nice.

I have a question...

Why would anybody want to wash with a FOOD scent?

I want to smell fresh & clean not like I rubbed a pie on me.

I agree CM, but go figure.. it's one of the reasons we're in business, everyone has a different taste. And my Pumpkin Nog is one of my biggest sellers in bath bombs right now :rolleyes2

Looks really nice.

I have a question...

I actually love the experience of taking a bath or shower with something that smells yummy and edible...last year, I stocked up on those el-cheapo Suave body washes that were scented in food/holiday fragrances, like whipped cocoa, caramel apple, and some other thing. I didn't worry about walking around feeling like I was dipped in caramel or had bathed in a basin of hot chocolate...I just enjoyed the experience of the scent filling my nose during the bathing process!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I did hear on the radio last year a little blurb about scents, and their role in attracting the opposite sex. It has been said that pumpkin can invoke feelings of passion and sensuality!!!

Looks really nice.

I have a question...

I don't mind washing with a food scent. I don't really like florals, and I don't have many "clean and fresh" scents, mainly fruit and bakery, so that's what I use.

I come across people about half and half.

Half would NEVER use a food scent to bathe/wash with, half couldn't care less as long as it smells good to them! lol I guess it must be like most everything else and just be a personal preference thing. :P