Sweet Oil and q about ses-something-carbonate

blazerina

Okie dokie- I just got back from Wally world and had a few questions for my new boardie-buds.

First of all, I did not see Aloe Vera Gel... only 99.8% Aloe Vera Juice- does anyone know if it works the same? It's quite 'juicier' Lol... liquid as opposed to gel. And I came across a close out item called 'Sweet Oil'. Bought a bottle of it, got home and looked it up. Seems it's basicly (or a form of) olive oil and is used as a 'skin softener' (as well as many other interal uses). $2.00 for 2oz. Probably not a WONDERFUL discount but no shipping, lol. There were about a dozen or so bottles and the lot expiration ranged from 07 to 08.

I also seen these pretty good sized Dinosaur egg Fizzers for kids... after the egg dissolves a baby dino 'hatches'. I'm guessing it's a sponge. All it had in it far as the ingredients was the usual citric acid, baking soda, fragrance and color.... and some other kind of baking soda type ingredient that I can't pronounce or remembe to spell right now, lol... started with something like sesq- carbonate(???) I've seen it in a few different fizzy/soothing products lately. Boy did these things smell fruity... just like powder candy... like Lik-em-ade or something. Wow. It's so discouraging to see how cheap Wally world can make these things, lol... only $1.27 for a pretty big very fragrant colored kids bath bomb. Hmmm... wishing i'd bought one for dd just to see what it REALLY did in the tub. Hmmm- maybe I will, lol. Hmmmm.....

Ok, now i'm just thinking out loud. Seems like I had more questions! Hmm... i'll be back! :D Mostly I wanted to let everyone know about the Sweet oil in case it was something they've been thinking about and ask about that other kind of Ses-something?-carbonate. TIA!!!

Thats kind of one of the things i was thinking of... at least making an allowance of less water if you use it. Does it have an odor or in any way interfere with FO or EO? I've never made a lotion so to my uneducated and inexperienced eye... it seems too thin to add to anything you want to remain thick... but also I know there are thickening agents. I've only started to play around with M&P- I haven't really added any liquid/cream/oil type additives yet. Is it too thin for my use? And what exactly happens to soap for instance (m&p) if you DO add too much of a product that is in such a form? I'm guessing the solids will solidify and the rest will just run off... - feeling like such a newbie, lol:o As for the other kind of carbonate, i'll just snoop around google, sometimes they fix my spelling, lol.

Thats kind of one of the things i was thinking of... at least making an allowance of less water if you use it. Does it have an odor or in any way interfere with FO or EO? I've never made a lotion so to my uneducated and inexperienced eye... it seems too thin to add to anything you want to remain thick... but also I know there are thickening agents.

Yes, I replace water for lotions/creams.