Where to buy chunk molds?

ah-soy

Try the molds on ebay and there is one chick that I can't think of her name right now..... If you type in like embed molds or prim molds she usually comes up. Anyway they look like a really big ice cube tray.

You can also try

Jags Molds

Flexible Molds

The Mold Making Handyman

Maybe Buzzy Bee can give some imput because chunks are her thing.

I use mini ice cube trays. I got mine from Walter Drake. It says their site is temporarily down but if you go to www.wdrake.com and type in ice cube trays- go about 3 or 4 products down they're right there- the blue trays. They're super cheap- $2.99 for a package of 4 trays. Each tray makes 90 cubes. I make melts out them and they've been a big hit!

I have about 10 of those trays...........is there a huge trick getting soy or a soy blend wax out of them? They stick and half the time only half the cube comes out. I have tried spray silicone...didn't help. They work awesome if you are using straight paraffin.

I stick the trays in the freezer for a few minutes- then hold it above my counter and just drop the tray, bottom up. Sometimes I have to drop it down onto the counter a few times but they all eventually release just fine for me. I have to do that with boy soy and paraffin.

I couldn't get the dang cubes out of the tray. I use container paraffin, but those suckers in the middle of the tray wouldn't budge! It didn't matter how long the trays sat in the freezer, there were always a bunch that refused to pop out. I'd bang the heck out of the trays, and they'd still stick. I like the silicone...it works so much better :) Not sure how soy would do, but it works nice for paraffin. Good luck! And hey, it's cooling down here! It was only 89 today! Whoo hoo it's winter, LOL!

Tart Addict...whoooo hoooo from me too...news tonight said we here in the Valley will have 7 days below 100...so cool around 95 a day...nights are getting cooler, time to crank up the spa and look at the stars!

WY Jen...love your drop on the counter method...sounds like it will work for me and a great way to vent :D

ARIZONIANS!!!

I thought i was the only one. I started making candles in the summer and i only have a swamp cooler. I don't know what h*** i was thinking. But yea monsoon season is over!!:bliss:

I am on to making tarts now and i love them!! too bad you took the tart addict name because that is what i am!! :drool:

I just got 50 lbs of the ecosoya vb and it sucks but i have 50 lbs of it so i am going to have to make due. I tried making chunks and the wax is so brittle. i think i will try mixing it with some paraffin or something. i wonder how will act in the chunk molds.:confused: