Color block help- quickly please!

I ran out of red liquid dye so I am using a red color block- I need to make a deep red or burgundy- the color block is "ruby red" so I used it alone and got bright orange- I added black and got pink- added blue and got plum- what coclr do I need to add to this red? I need to make these candles asap- I am using 415 plain soy. TIA!

I used color blocks for years; still do in some things, and have never been able to get the deeper colors using the blocks like I do with the liquid. The liquid color is alot more concentrated than the blocks, so I am thinking you probably will NOT be able to get the deeper red you are looking for no matter what you mix with the red color block. Also, if you already tried mixing black, I cannot think of anything else that would work for you. Keep in mind, if you add to much color using the blocks, your candles will be harder to burn too. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear! If at all possible, if you have a supplier close to you, I would jump in the car and get me some more red liquid color. HTH

I'm a hair stylist so I know a little bit about color. First thing you did wrong was adding the blue. Blue is a cool color and so that's where you got the color purple from. You should have stayed in the warm tones only. Let me give it some thought as to what color might work to get it back to red. I'm leaning towards yellow, but not sure. You probably need a sollution like yesterday though, huh? Sorry I can't be more help. I probably could have gotten you closer if you hadn't added the blue. Sorry. :( If I think of something I'll let you know. Good luck! :)

Are you adding dye to your Ruby Red color block or other color blocks? I can't imagine adding black & getting pink as black darkens anything it is added too. Sounds like you need a lot more color then you are using. Lot's of red and a bit of black until you achive the deepness. Drop a bit of your color into a cold cup of water. Like when you test candy in stages, hold it up so it drops in balls so you can see the color in a solid form. Or you can put it on a piece of paper if as many do.

The Ruby Red tends to be on the Pink/Violet side to begin with so not adding enough is going to give you + white=Pink. But you are saying you got orange alone so there must be plenty of yellow in it. I would probably add brown to it as red & green=Brown. Brown will help to deepen the color such as black but you can safely add more brown without creating wicking issues then you can black. The brown will help to add some more red as well as green. Keep in mind though unless you add enough of the ruby your base is going to be orange + Brown=Rust.

Yeah I really think it has more violet then yellow in it. I just realized you had reposted with the mauvy color you got. Sounds like you were on the right track, just not the right proportions to get it dark enough. You really have to use a lot more of the color block as the dye drops are a lot more concentrated.