Oh my Christmas candle requests already!!

TwinMom

This is going to be a PIMA.....I can see it now....make sure the kids are out of the house when I attempt these..LOL...I was thinking of cutting long strips of wax instead of little chunks and seeing if that would work. Placing them along the outside of the mold and then pouring. what do you think???

This is going to be a PIMA.....I can see it now....make sure the kids are out of the house when I attempt these..LOL...I was thinking of cutting long strips of wax instead of little chunks and seeing if that would work. Placing them along the outside of the mold and then pouring. what do you think???

Yes that will work, fill the inside with chunks to hold the strips. Problem is you are dealing with red & white and most likely the red will bleed into the white & turn the white pink.

Why couldn't you just do a tilted layered pillar of red & white. When I do them & don't want the layers to bleed I just pour a little of the next color in the middle, let that harden up then pour the next color.

It's not as hard as I'm making it sound the only problem I have with my tilted layers is having them all tilted at the same angle. When you have 3 or 4 pillars together I'm anal & want the layers to look exact. I'm thinking this year of looking into those clean pillar molds but I'm afraid the FO will eat it. (why make a candy cane candle unscented????)

Karen B