How important are bags?

KristinesShower

Do the style of bags REALLY matter?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do the style of bags REALLY matter?

• Yes, I buy what looks the BEST
    • No, I just use whatever is the cheapest
    • Other - please explain

No, they've never said anything and I've had my label TM for about 2 years now. Maybe because the company doesn't have one? Who knows, but when I got my labels done I had to do that (that was when I had the stupid partner and she thought we had to do all this crap we didn't have to do) Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that we did it - but we could've done without it.

I may be the odd one here, but as a customer, I don't mind whatever bag is used, as long as it is sturdy enough to get my purchases home without any mishap. Once I get my stuff home, I eventually throw away the bag anyway.

I agree with you 100%

I keep "special bags" under my counter for those customers who ask for a "nice" bag. For the rest ... they are just as happy with the white plastic "Thank You" bags I have.

BTW: I get the "THANK YOU" bags at Sam's Club. They come in a box of 1000 for $11.00!! :D That's only a penny a piece!

That savings allows me to pick up a select # of specialty bags for those customers who want one.;)

I started using more handle bags, with labels I print, since this post started and my customers really love it. I only use them for about $15 or more purchase and my regular customers that buy lots on a regular bases.

I do believe I'm getting more referrals and repeat business because of it. To bad my shop is not in an area where they can shop, other stores, while carrying my bag with my logo on it. That would really help to get more customers.

I personally use the Plastic Frosted bags from Nashville wraps. Would an option be to buy the clear frosted and use colorful tissue paper? The tissue comes in the Rainbow Spots. It would be a change, however, not so dramatic. I would worry that downsizing to the t-shirt sack would not be a positive image move.

Maybe another move could be a kraft bag, hand stamped with a rainbow spots. I think I have seen circles and spots that you could use. It's a lot of stamping, unless you just do one on a bag. Than again, that's just my $.02.

Funny how these forums can follow along with what is going on with me.

I am getting ready to reorder the frosted sacks. I don't know if the price has gone up, or what, but they sure seem higher. With the cost of everything going up, just one more item. I have used these with colored tissue since I first started retailing about three years ago. I love the bags, I get lots of compliments and actually do a gift bag with a ribbon and a card fastened to them. I do my own labels, and switch with the season. I, too, think they are a great advertisement. The cost is added in my price. But I have thought about having a cheaper one for little items. Just so many extra costs these days, even a few scents hurts. So it is hard to know the value. Actually this thread helps me to decide to go ahead with what I am doing.

Thanks, guys.

I'm glad I read this post BEFORE I ordered bags! LOL I was going to go with the cheapie "thank you" bags too but they seem like one step above using your old Wal-mart bags....then I thought about those cute gingham bags from Nashville Wraps, but I never even considered the frosted ones before now! :embarasse

I use the frosted debbie bag from ULINE and small brown lunch bags for small orders(one lotion bar, one bar of soap, lip balm ect)

I love the clear frosted bags..and use colorful tissue for the season.

My customers like that is comes "already gift wrapped"

We tried the thank you bags...I hate those things for candles..they all roll around even when wrapped. The debbie bags have the cardboard so they stand up and keep things in place better!