victorian 12 oz jar..help

any one using this jar with soy.. I am having a very diffacult time wicking these.. if any can help out, who have mastered this jars.. please help me out with the wicking.. not having any luck with a htp1213 or lx 30 or 62c.. any other sugesstions..

TIA

[ATTACH]1259[/ATTACH];) Thanks Scott

if this helps at all.. the jar is 4 1/2 inches high the opening is a 70 tw which is 2 1/2 inches wide... then as you can see in the pic it is kinda square... the bottom measures from corner to corner 3 1/2 from x to x..

I am using 100% soy.. 1.5 load of fo per pound and one dye chip per pound of wax..

hope this helps you out a bit.. so maybe you can help me...

thanks so much for your response..

Cathy

post-520-13945837916_thumb.jpg

I agree you are going to have to double wick that jar. Anything over 3” I would double wick. Because it is square, the smallest I would try would be HTP83 or HTP93, but may take double HTP104’s to clean the corners. It depends on what FO you use too, anything that is vanilla is heavier and will probably require a larger wick than something floral, for instance. You should also do a full burn down to the bottom. Sometimes even when you have a slight hangup on the sides, as you burn it down, a lot of times it will catch up.

this Jar is 4.5 inches tall not wide...

if you take a measureing tape across the bottom from corner to corner it is

3.5 inches x wise and 2 3/4 inch +wise . do you see what I am saying from corner to corner if your measuring an x and across both ways if your doing the +..

this is weird for me because the 12oz hex I also do are 3.5 inches from point to point and this jar is 4 inches tall with the same size mouth on it..difference is I have 6 corners on that one.. and it works great with a 62c....

I hope this helps you out better .. and thank you so much for helping..

Cathy

Kerry I know what you think about double wicking .. I do not think these would have enough room for a double wick.. the thing that is killing me is the 375 ml..12 ounce hex.. is just as wide.. with more corners and I have those one's down pat... and they have more corners... well my wax is about ready to pour and I will test again in the morning..

so far the blueberry is working just fine and is clearing the corners with the 1312 htp.. the only difference I can think of what I did is... I poured at the slushy stage with the blueberry.. my other testers I poured around 150.. i figured i was just going to test them..plus was in a hurry.. so now I have 4 different fo's light ones (green apple, Mac apple, twigs and berries and hot apple pie) and dyes cooling to the slushy stage so I can see if that would be the trick..and if I have no luck.. I will go back to my other jars..I just thought these were a bit more classy looking...

why I do this to myself is beyond me.. knowing darn well that here goes another month or so testing and going bonkers with these darn ol' wicks..LOL

but sometimes we all need that change..:rolleyes:

thanks

Cathy

With a 100% soy wax your not going to be able to single wick a 4.5" square jar. Your only choice to to double wick that jar.

the bottom measures from corner to corner 3 1/2

Sorry I missed this measurement.

I still think a double wick is the way to go when you've got a 3" or more opening with a 100% soy.

so far the blueberry is working just fine and is clearing the corners with the 1312 htp

How long are you letting it burn to get this?

If your looking at large wicks, you might want to try LX 28/30. You could also add some pariffin to your soy to make it easier to burn.

I still agree with Scottopus, I would double wick. I have never been able to get anything 3 1/2" or larger that could get by with a single wick. Even if it got close, the mushrooms on these wicks get huge. If it is 3 1/2", it should be getting a FMP in the neighborhood of 3-4 hours. If it is taking much longer, I would switch the wicking. A lot of people don't like to double wick, but it isn't hard to do. A lot of people I sell to, like the double wicking.

I am testing 4 of them right now.. and if it works out I will post a pic...

so far so good ..well at least the flame looks nice.... I will post first second and maybe third burn ..only if it works....soooooo no pics ... not working then... keeping my fingers crossed... and am already prepared if it doesn't work...:cheesy2: I guess I am just stubborn..

Cathy

[ATTACH]1285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1286[/ATTACH]first 4 hours exactly each melt pool there is a slight difference in depth...

the second is a close up of 2 of them ..the green apple is getting into corners at this time and the other Mac apple is just not there yet .. tell me what you think.. this is important to me..these are all 1.5 ounce of fo and the white one there is no dye in it...

Cathy

post-520-139458379193_thumb.jpg

post-520-139458379195_thumb.jpg

So far, they don’t look too bad. Just remember that you are at the smallest part of the jar, the neck, and it is going to melt faster there. You really need a few more burns to get down into the 3 ½” portion of the jar, to see if it is going to clear it for you. If it does, that would be good for you. You didn’t mention what was in the other jars, if you have anything with vanilla or with vanilla in it, you will probably have to wick up a bit on those. Maybe why they aren’t melted as far down. How are the mushrooms on the wicks?

The mushroom' started to appear in the 3rd hour not so bad though..only on the baked apple pie and the Twigs and berries.... I know I can only use these jars for lighter scents..any cinnimons or vanilla's I will not use at all.. I just relit again for a second burn.. a minute or so ago.. I will not quit till I see the jar cleaned at least halfway down..not all in one test.. this jar has been such a pain to me.. good thing I only ordered 6 cases of these..I just now placed an order for 24 cases of my regular jars...and I am looking into the samples of those ultra cores .. just in case I can find a decent one that may work alot better with this jar..

You live!

You spend!

You learn!

ain't that the truth...:D

Cathy

LOL! You got the idea now. I have had a heck of a time wicking a new jar that I am switching to, and finally after about 25 different wicks or wick combos, I finally have one that I am happy with. So I think I have almost every wick known to man now. I am very picky about how my candles burn and almost gave up on this jar, now I’m glad I didn’t. Candlemaking is very addictive and can be very expensive too. But as long as you are having fun, that’s all that counts.

I know what you mean about having every wick out there.. geez I have a huge assortment of them.. and I am always thinking.. someday I will use them all..LOL .. You would of thought I would of learned a long time ago.. to quit switching jars.. but I see so many cool looking ones..I just got to have..and as stubborn as I get somehow in the back of my brain.. I have that (..ohhh I can make that one work.)... someone needs to slap me..:grin2:

the second burn went well.. but defiantly cannot use this jar for some of my goodies in my fo's..for instance the vanilla sandlewood..ahhh...so guess these will die out for me..and already looking at another new jar.....:wink2:

Cathy