Darwin's soap recipe....CUT Pics added

Michi

Ok, I decided to try doing layers, so first I did a one pound batch and colored it cherry pink, it turned purple while I was stirring it and then came back to it's intended cherry pink, thank goodness. :)

I did the second one pound batch and added in my green colorant, and it started changing right away, first a golden color then an army green, so I tried adding a bit more green, but it kept coming back to this ugly army greenish yellow color, then I added the FO.....

HOLY Crap, it started curdling on me, and I thought, "Oh no you don't, I did not work this hard and long for you to get all funky on me!!""

So I just beat the heck out of it with my stick blender and it smoothed out and then changed to a kind of peachy/mauve almost like the skin colored crayola. ;)

I thought what the heck it's better than diarreah green/yellow, so I poured it onto the pink, and did some funky thing with the top and added some glitter thinking it would help a bit. ;)

Here it is just after I got it in there:

P1010022-1.jpg

I checked on it about 10 minutes later and this is what was happening to it :tongue2:

P1010025.jpg

The top is now fully this ugly GREY color-Totally ugly, but hey it smells good. ;)

I just hope it comes out of the mold (plastic drawer organizer)-I used Pam, but I can't remmber how I got my other soaps out (it's been a while since I made CP soap). ??

Pretty FUGLY but it was kind of fun to watch this batch morph and morph and morph again. LOL

cherishcpsoap.jpg

Ok, it didn't turn out the color I wanted, well the top didn't but it's not really that ugly after all. ;) It's not as true grey as this pic. shows more a taupey greyish brown-would be perfect color combo for choc. covered cherries or something similar. ;)

I've been using a teeny little soap ball of this and even though it's not cured it's really nice soap-Thanks a bunch Darwin!!!! Mwaaah :)

It was morphing in the pot AND after it was poured, but it heated up somethin' fierce so I guess it was gellin' when it started turning that dark grey color??

Ok, I may have to wait for this thing to dry out really good before I can get it out of the mold, cuz it sure aint budgin'. :undecided

Looks ok to me! And, I am partial to that recipe.

Oh nothin' to complain about your recipe Darwin, I already think it rocks (yes I cheated and tried a piece of it yesterday when I cut it). :D

It's not as bad as it looked when it was "gellin'" I cut it up last night and my daughter likes it (my biggest critic ;) ), and even though I'm not really thrilled with the top color, it's not too bad.

Off to download the cut pics.