Wax Question

I have been using IGI 4627, it has a great throw, it is just messy to work with. I have done some reading on Astorlite J225 and I was wondering if anyone has used it and if it really does have a great throw. The reason I am asking is that if it is as good or better than 4627 I would rather go back to the slabs, they are easier to work with.

Thanx in advance for any feedback

Robbie

I personally prefer J225, I started out with J223 and found that they both throw pretty much the same, hot and cold, I think they are great . One thing I like about the 225 is that there arent as many wet spots, Ive had a majority of my jars come out with none at all. Ive never tried the IGI4627, when you say messy to work with is that because its so soft? J223 was like that.. Id like to experiment with other waxes as well, is the IGI4627 a one pour with all the additives?

Hi I started out with that wax, I believe they also call it Comfort Blend? It's like really thick Vaseline and a mess to work with. Hands down it has the best throw hot and cold of any paraffin blend. However, once I discovered the creamy slab form waxes I gave the scooper up and now use IGI4630A. I love it, but the cold throw is not nearly as strong as Comfort Blend's. Another nice thing about the creamy slabs like J223 and 4630 is that you will get a richer color. I always hated that my colors in Comfort Blend were so yuck. Another problem I had with the Comfort Blend was that since it was soooo soft and sticky, any lint within a 2 mile radius would find its way to the tops of my candles and every body that poked at the tops left nice big finger marks.

You won't find another wax that has the superior cold throw that Comfort Blend offers, but you may find that the others make your work a bit easier. Good Luck with your choice, hope you like whatever you decide on.

Quick edit:

If you had FO that fell to the bottom, you probably just added a bit more than you needed. Even though you added the ammount that the wax says it will hold, some FO is heavier and you won't need as much. Try adding a bit less and see if that helps.

For my 4627 I cut the wax with the plastic on there...I separate the put I cut then pull the plastic off and plop in the presto pot (If I am blending with another wax I have a bowl I have just for this wax so I can weigh it).

Try that, it is way less messy and I have long nails so imagine what I was going thru.