MSDS sheets for lotion bases?

Crystala25

Does anyone know if when you buy a lotion base do they give you the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for the product? Or which places do give them. My dad said that in order to sell the products sometimes you are required to carry these sheets by the government and if you don't have them when requested you can be fined for it. I just want to make sure that whomever I buy my lotion bases from can supply me with these?

I don't believe that finished product has to have a MSDS sheet. I do know that the manufacturer themselves have to have MSDS sheets for everything (I had to put a book of them together a couple years ago - sucked)

It was my understanding by my insurance company that I had to have all of that information on file, but never had to give it out to my wholesale, private label or retail customers. If they got inspected, they could just hand them over to me - the manufacturer.

I've never gotten a MSDS sheet from WSP & I've been ordering their shower gel base for years.