How do you package these babies?

mountainmadness

Okay, I am not planning on copying packaging so with that in mind I just need to get the creative juices flowing here.... :P

I am going to attempt tonight to make bath jellies. I am going to pour into a loaf mold and then cut when firm. I know that LU#H sells these and was wondering for those that have visited this store how they are packaged when you buy them.

I was informed when you mail order them they come in a round plastic container...

I need some help with ideas...

TIA.

Jennifer

I have some Lush Jelly here and it is packaged in clear food like containers kinda like you see at a deli, the lid is seperate, the way they are displayed at Lush is a complete slab and they cut it, weigh it and put in container with a label kinda like when you get meat sliced at the deli it has a bar code the name of the jelly, pkgd date, weight and total cost. Have you seen the price on this stuff? 26.08 a lb!

Angiestaff

Thanks for the information.

I know what you mean about pricing... there stuff is awesome but they are soooo expensive. They have great marketing and they are all over the world now so I guess if people keep paying it they will keep selling it.....

Thanks again for the info. We do not have a store in our state.

I kinda like the clamshell idea..can you find single compartment clamshells..with no design rectangle or square.... that would be perfect..you could pour it directly into those and then just lid them.

That is a really good idea. I might try that. I think that it would be cool though to make it in a loaf and then cut in into bars.. but the plain clamshell idea might work better.

I wanted to make a batch last night but the board meeting went a lot later than I planned. I am going to pick up some unflavored gelatin and try it tonight. My first batch is going to be peppermint....

How are you going to make it?

Oh, and what, exactly, is a clamshell? I am picturing take out containers from restruants???

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=3602

These but you can get them in plain or with other designs..we use them for wax tarts usually but you can also do soaps and stuff in them..you just pour right in..cool and put the lid on...slap a label and TADA ready to go.

I'm wondering though how the "jellie" would come out of the clamshell-the ease of doing so ya know?

I've got unflavored gelatin (have NO idea why???) but I'm gonna try these tonight, just for the heck of it. :D

Of course my microwave died yesterday, so I'll have to heat on the stove-oh geez LOL

Have you checked the shelf life on yours yet? I had gotten some when it first came out and it molded on me in less than a month - it was sooo gross lol

I read that the trick to that is using table salt. The salt will deter the mold from growing. I am just in the initial making and testing phases. I will not be selling these for quite some time.

I know that I may be strange but I always like to finish the project in my mind before I even make it... :wink2:

Could you package it in cello wrap? Or does it need something more substantial if it melts? I have no idea what temp they melt at or anything, so forgive me if that sounds stupid...:)

And what is in the Lush jellys that makes them jello-y? I looked at the ingredients and can't figure out what would keep it firm :confused:

I've always wanted to try this recipe but no one has ever had good luck. So its some the gelatin than the water that's the problem??

So maybe Iota Carrageenan Extract is the way to go !?

wonder if one could work off Lush's ingredients: Coconut & Pineapple Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Violet No. 2, Methylparaben,

You will not be able to package these in cello-wrap at least you wouldn't be able to package the Lush type this way. The Lush Jelly does get sloshie(?) when in hot weather.

I have tons of Lush stuff here, I beleive I read about Lush on this board somewhere and realized that I have one about 1 hour from me so I had to check it out.

Lush does have some awesome products,

fresh face mask is real good I have tried 6 so far,

Fresh Farmacy is a soap with calamine powder that is awesome for acne, Baby Face I use to remove my makeup and moisturize my face,

Razorantium is great for shaving the bikini area with no razor burn,

Jungle is a solid conditioner for your hair (tricky to learn to use) that is mainly cocoa butter which is a real good conditioner for summer time dry hair,

Soak And Float solid shampoo bar got rid of my dad's dandruff in 2 washings (he has had dandruff for as long as I can remember and has used about every dandruff shampoo offered)

Now the 1st time I went I got all kinds of bombs and bubble bars-mine are better(IMO) my bombs fizz longer and smell better, my bubble bars bubble more and smell better, but I got to try "what everyone was talking about" and it just made me perfect my bombs and bubble bars.

I bought the Karma soap-I LOVE the scent and ordered a pound from Scentworks to make my own Karma stuff. The soap they sell is 31.52-36.06 per pound,while the Aquamarina sells for 41.96lb.

Tomarrow I am going to Lush again, they have parties mainly on Saturday 4-6 you can try new things-SA are great to explain products and let you try the products my DD(8yo) loves to go (cause she cons money from DH to buy something so she gets a goody bag for herself-which she stashes in her room) and when you purchase anything you get a goody bag full of products, these goody bags usually have 30-35.00 of stuff in them and they have drawings for the gift sets (we have won three of the 60.00 boxes and a soap stack for 25.00) so I have tons of stuff from Lush here.

Angiestaff

Sharon the Soak and Float is a solid shampoo bar it does NOT smell good but it does not leave the smell in the hair.

Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Aqua), Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Perfume,

I think it's the cade oil that stinks, but you wet the hair and swipe this bar on wet hair about 4-5 times and start shampooing, my little one loves the idea of a bar shampoo and she uses the Godiva shampoo bar so she can do it herself.

Angiestaff