How do i solve these marks in my candles?

I've been making candles from parrafin wax using stearic acid and dye disks, i melt to between 80 and 84 degrees before pouring every time they have set small white marks appear through them! They're almost like little snow flakes!!! I've tried different temperatures but the nearest i've got to removing them was at 90 degrees and although i tapped the mould and pirced the skin i ended up with a candle filled with hundreds of tiny air bubbles. I've removed all additives but makes no difference, could anyone else recomend anything i could try???:grin2:

You need Vybar it will kill the mottling and also allow you to add more FO to the wax.

Vybar 103 is for wax melts, votives & Pillars

Vybar 206 is for containers

Here is info on Vybar http://www.bakerhughes.com/bakerpetrolite/polymers/vybar/applications.htm

BTW - Do Not add to much Vybar or it will Lock-up the scent 1/2 teaspoon per 1 LB of wax works well.

Im using j225, should I add vybar 206 to this as well?? I didnt know it allowed you to add more FO, how much more?

Vybar is ONLY for straight/plain wax.

J223 is a container blend and already has additives in it. If you add more additives it will Lock-up the scent and there will be NO Throw.

Thanku for all ur suggestions guys will definately get some vybar! I'm just using straight parrafin and only adding stearic acid (think thats spelt right). Last night i tried it slightly different. I heated to 90 'c -sorry for not stating that b4- and then left in pan to cool to 84 before slowly pouring and it seemed to work, so could it b the temperature's that i'm using?

Where can i get vybar from found a couple of places based in england but seem quite expensive if not i have to ship from america and thats quite steep also!

This was the first time i used this msg board you guys r great!!!:yay:

Thanku for all ur suggestions guys will definately get some vybar! I'm just using straight parrafin and only adding stearic acid (think thats spelt right). Where can i get vybar from found a couple of places based in england but seem quite expensive if not i have to ship from america and thats quite steep also!

As Candle Man suggests, the Vybar is a very good idea. It will make your pillars completely smooth with no snow spots or mottling. It also greatly enhances fragrance oil retention.

Since it only takes a small amount (1/2 to 1 tsp. per pound, depending on the amount of scent), a little goes a long way and shipping is less. It should be worth the investment.

However, if you aren't using a lot of fragrance, you should also know that stearic acid can reduce or eliminate snow spots if you use more of it. You would have to experiment with the amount, but probably in the 3-5 TBS per pound range depending on your wax and fragrance.

I have added slightly mare stearic acid but was no better so am i melting it wrong should i dissolve it b 4 i add the wax? Hope i don't sound too stupid. i started from a book but doesn't give too much detail! your ideas have been great though!!!:D
It's fine to melt it in with the wax. How much are you using?

after a couple more attemps with increasing the stearin it's finally come good! i did a layered candle with different berry shades and the finish was much better just by adding slightly more than normal!gonna try the same tonight on my chunky candles Ill cross my fingers and hope for the same finish -THANKYOU again!:D:grin2: