DIY Hobby Soap Racks

OutlandishLady

OK, I want to share this with all you soapers who are like me, and don't have a lot of space to store your soaps while they cure. This won't work for the Pros who need more space, but for a hobbyist like me this works very well.

I bought these epoxy-coated cubes at Wal-Mart for $7.99, the cable ties for $.89. You can get a larger set of cubes at Bed Bath & Beyond on eBay. I assembled one square using the included "corners", and then added a shelf in the middle with cable ties.

Cheap & super easy! And I'm going to add another "level" when I need it. You will have four "squares" left over from the Wal-Mart box. Hope this helps someone!

Assembled:

[ATTACH]8265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8268[/ATTACH]

Parts from Wal-Mart:

[ATTACH]8266[/ATTACH]

Secure Cabled Corner:

[ATTACH]8267[/ATTACH]

post-2475-139458408907_thumb.jpg

post-2475-13945840891_thumb.jpg

post-2475-139458408912_thumb.jpg

post-2475-139458408912_thumb.jpg

GREAT idea Malinda!! :)

I still have NO WHERE to put anything like that though. :( Maybe on top of the microwave?? LOL

I think my DH just needs to move out or something so I can take over the whole house. :D

When you are out of floor space..go up! Use walls or the ceiling. Bet there is a way to hang those on the wall. :wink2:

That is a GREAT idea!! I was wondering what I was going to do with my wire cubes that just didn't work out for the kids toys like I had hoped!! Yeah I love recycling my "junk". We have those wire shelves that they out in newer homes (house came with them) in our pantry and when DH gets around to making wood shelves instead I will use those too!!

Great suggestion, thank you, thank you, thank you!!:yay: