WSP Festival of Lights vs. JS Festival of Lights

Holly

Has anyone compared these two in scent strength and smell? WSP is always more expenisive, but is it really worth it? I need to place an order with WSP but you do not get the good sample deals with them like most places offer, so I am usually a little more careful when I choose what I want to sample. Thanks!

P.S. Should add -- I mainly use soy but can also use a paraffin blend.

• 1 month later...

Having never used either, I might as well put my 2¢ in. I have used a lot of WSP and I have used a lot of JS. While WSP is expensive and rarely the best you'll find, it will always beat JS, hands down. Always. It's doubtful Festival of Lights would be the exception. I would much rather pay $25 for something I can sort of smell than $18 for something I can't.

As for color, make it whatever color you wish. It is highly unlikely that anybody will ever ask you why you left it white, or why didn't you make it yellow. It is a name that could be any color under the sun. I decorate my Christmas tree with all white lights. That would give me my answer to the never-ending color question.

Yank makes it a very dark eggplant purple/blackish color. Which amuses me no end. What were they thinking?

Having never used either, I might as well put my 2¢ in. I have used a lot of WSP and I have used a lot of JS. While WSP is expensive and rarely the best you'll find, it will always beat JS, hands down. Always. It's doubtful Festival of Lights would be the exception. I would much rather pay $25 for something I can sort of smell than $18 for something I can't.

As for color, make it whatever color you wish. It is highly unlikely that anybody will ever ask you why you left it white, or why didn't you make it yellow. It is a name that could be any color under the sun. I decorate my Christmas tree with all white lights. That would give me my answer to the never-ending color question.

Yank makes it a very dark eggplant purple/blackish color. Which amuses me no end. What were they thinking?

I agree. :) I already had a sample of JS Festival of Lights (have had it for awhile) and since there are times that I get a winner from JS I was wondering if many here have used either JS or WSP and how they compared. I was thinking about ordering from WSP for a few other things but did not really have too. ;) I have been ordering way too much lately from all over. :rolleyes2

Yes, you would think that white would be the answer but for some reason my mind cannot get Yankee's dark purple out of my head. I poured the Festival of Lights (JS) last night and just kept it white. My tree has all white lights too.

I am going to take it to a friend (a tester) to have her test burn it first. She was really curious about this one. I shall see how it goes.

Thanks! :)

I see alot of this scent in blue candles

Blue comes to my mind too -- for the name -- but the smell does not smell blue to me. I think a blue colore with a silver snowflake charm on one of my special jars would be really pretty.

Thanks for your imput. :)

Maybe dark blue is what Yank is trying to achieve. A quick google search will show your their FOL. Since I would never buy it, maybe I haven't looked closely enough. In person, it doesn't make me think "lights". Pretty label, though.

This is why I have had problems deciding because I keep thinking about Yankee's dark purple Festival of Lights. For some reason even though dark purple does not really fit the word "lights" it kinda fits anyway. Not sure why -- maybe because of the shinny dark streets with lights reflecting against the dark street and night sky? :confused: :rolleyes2