Oil Resistant Labels

MochaMama

I know about the white oil resistant/smudgeproof labels, but is there any way that I can make those Clear Avery labels smudge/water proof? I've read somewhere ( for the life of me I can't remember where) that you could spray the paper labels with clear acrylic spray, but I'm wondering if you could do the same with the clear labels.

My product uses clear labels, or else I would switch in a minute!!!!

I don't know about the labels you have, but I bought some of those white, "waterproof" labels from rippedsheets.com, and I can tell you that when fragrance oil got on those it was purely a smudgy mess.

I switched to crystal clear labels--even though they were not listed as waterproof or smudgeproof, and I have not had a problem with smudges at all. Before I started using them, I tested them by pouring running water on them, spraying them with alcohol, and wiping lotion and fragrance oil on them and nothing smeared!

Have you already tried doing that?

Sockmonkey:

No I have never tried the crystal clear labels - I will take a look at them. Hopefully, they will work with an ink-jet printer. Thanks for the info!

Was it you who talked about the "encapsulation" of the ink, etc? Now that I read the onlinelabels.com site I seem to recall it was your post that I read about dabbing FO on the label and it not smearing......

I don't believe that would have been me using technical terms! My labels are for laser printers. I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Sorry, but I haven't a clue as to whether you can use the spray on the clear labels. Based on what I said earlier, it seems like it would work; but, what do I know?