LX-24's

Hi everybody! I'm having trouble with the flame of the LX-24's. They work very well (melt pool) with my natural palm wax 3 x 5 pillars but no matter how short I cut the wick, the flame grows too high (at least in my opinion). Has anybody else encountered this? I cut the wick at least 1/2 inch or less. TIA

Cynthia

When I cut my pillar wicks, I cut them anywhere between 1/4" - 3/8". Have you tried cutting the wick this small? How high is your flame? Does it bounce, or smoke at this height? I have some pillars where the flame gets a bit large, but if it is not bouncing, or smoking and burns good it pasts the test for me. If the larger flame is not acceptable, you could try wicking down a wick size to see how your pillar will perform. HTH

Thanks for the info. I'll try cutting them at that size. Yeah, the flame is can grow from 1 1/2 inch or a little higher. When I tried the lx-22, it didn't quite get the melt pool I wanted so I just use the 24's. So I'll cut it 1/4 and see how that does. Thanks for the help and have a great weekend. :grin2:

Cynthia