Salt Soap Packaging...

lindsaycb

I'm a naked soap kind of girl....but man...my salt soap crumbles here & there...so I wrapped it in tissue paper.

Well holy wetness batman! Does everyone's salt soap sweat so badly? What's the key to packaging these suckers!?

Mine are still in air-conditioning, so no sweat here. I've got a feeling that temp and humidity have a lot to do with it. Maybe make a soap sack with a wash cloth?

I loves me salt bars. I only have sweating issues during the first few weeks of cure, or over the summer when it's really humid, otherwise they might only be silightly damp.

I try to wrap at the last minute possible and first wrap with wax paper and then tissue, or my preferred method, wax paper and into a box for an extra chi-chi look. The wax paper handles the slight dampness well and still looks good by the time it reaches the end user.

My salt bars sweat only if their out in open, humid air. Seems as if there's 90% chance of rain that day then that's about the only time they sweat. I wrap them up in paper labels and then place clear tape over both sides. That seems to help too, to keep the labels fresh and let them still breathe.