Container Candles

Googs

I'm just starting to ge my feet wet in making conatiner candles. I've been ALL over the web looking and pricing glass jars. I know it basically hinges on personal taste. What are your opinions on how much wax the jar can hold and what is the best shape to work with?

I'm thinking of using IGI 4630, the guidelins say you don't need to used additives. but I was thinking of puting in Vybar 260 just to get that little extra scent throw!

What do you'all think?

Scott

I'm just starting to ge my feet wet in making conatiner candles. I've been ALL over the web looking and pricing glass jars. I know it basically hinges on personal taste. What are your opinions on how much wax the jar can hold and what is the best shape to work with?

I'm thinking of using IGI 4630, the guidelins say you don't need to used additives. but I was thinking of puting in Vybar 260 just to get that little extra scent throw!

What do you'all think?

Scott

This wax already has additives in it. You do not need to add anything to this wax but scent and color. If you add more Vybar it will lock-up the scent and you will not get any throw.

You only add additives to plain straight wax.

BTW - Please read all the info here on this board so you can learn all you can. Remember to always test each and every jar, scent & wick so you know how your candles will burn.

Here is the link for Newbies if you have not looked there yet http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698

What do you'all think?

Scott

hi i use the 4630 don't add any vybar this wax can hold 8% to 10% fo witch is very good.and the scent throw is very good .and if you are looking for some jars go to the local big lots and get some 8oz jelly jars they also have 16oz jars that you can use.or order from cierra candles in reno the shipping is cheap since you live in sac.

THANK YOU Country Candlemaker, Cierra has just about what I'm looking for!!!! I really appreciate you writing a reply to my thread. I will give them a try!

Breanna I've been taking notes on every little thing I do, whether bad or good!

Candleman thanks for the response. As a matter of practice I test everything I make. Even if I'm just going to give a candle as a gift I want it to be the best quality possible.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm thinking of using IGI 4630

Scott

Scott,

We use this wax and do not add anything to it. I do suggest, however, that when you start testing wicks, start LOWER than what is usually recommended for your size container - we started high and it took us FOREVER to figure out that, since it is a very soft wax, the lower ones were just what we needed.

As far as containers go, we are using the apothecary style, but I am partial to the "metro" or "status" jar! We can pick up the apothecary jars locally (about an hour or so from home), so we are going with them to save all the shipping costs.

HTH - GOOD LUCK and have fun!

Jane

Trish,

Thank you for the offer! I just might take you up on it! I guess I haven't been a CT member long enough or I don't have my settings correct. I can't pm you. I don't know if it's proper to put my email address in the thread. This is the only community I've ever belonged to on the internet:embarasse

Let me know !

Scott