Question for double wick experts

I just got some cracker jars to test and being a jelly jar single wicker, I somehow lucked out on my double wicking for my first tester. (Okay, I got the v's pointing in different directions, but otherwise it's burning well.)

Anyway, I used a fragrance that I normally wick with a cd-12 in a jelly jar and two cd-10's did the job. I think I know the answer (depends on the FO), but where do you start to test with the fo's you wick up or down on? If I use a cd-10 or cd-14 in a jelly jar, would you usually start two cd-8's and two cd-12's first or try cd-10's with everything first? It would logically seem that the cd-8's would be too weak and the cd-12 would be too strong if you go by the 1/4" rule, but I don't know what the synergistic effect is with two wicks...

So, what I'm asking is....now that I've rambled through my own thought process....is do you find that double wicking with a cd-10 vs. a cd-12 will cause a 1/2" melt pool difference or 1/4" as with a single wick, or something entirely different?

Do I make any sense at all? :eek:

I'm not familiar with the diameter of your jar and don't know what wax you are using. As far as your question goes, I think that you are going to have to test to find out. Pour your candle w/out wicks. As the wax sets up, poke 2 holes in it. Then stick whatever wicks you are testing in the holes. If you find that those wicks are not right, you can then pull them right out and plop in whatever size you feel you need whether it is to wick up or down. I would start with two CD 8s and see how it goes. Hopefully Kaybee will chime in since she has alot of experience with DW'ing. Let us know what wax you are using so we can maybe give you more suggestions based on your wax.