? about pour pots

izzy2

Does anyone know of an alternative to using pour pots? I have a presto that I melt my wax in and I use the pot to mix FO and colour in and I only have one pour pot at the moment. Is there anything else you could use in a pinch?

Welllllllll:embarasse , I use pour pots for EVERYTHING. I have 15-20 pour pots, but for single item pours (say a pillar or one or 2 jars) I use either coffee cans or big juice cans. (I get them at Wal-mart for the kids to drink :wink2:, only .76 for apple juice and then you have a pour pot!!:D ) I put a little pour spout in them with a can opener. I use little cans for embeds. You should see my shop lol, I have cans EVERYWHERE. I just put a little label on them saying what they are. This way I am not constantly cleaning out pots.Oh, I use 2 big roasters, one for pillar wax and one for container wax, and then I just take the melted wax from there. Then if I have to reheat the pour pots I have a stove top with pans of water......am I making any sense? lol It's still early.

I use teapots. Basically, anything you can pour into and out of will work for a pour pot. In a pinch, even a plastic pitcher will work, though those are a bit harder to clean out than a metal or glass container. Obviously, don't use plastic if you're heating in it, but if you're using a presto to heat and then pots to mix, it works.

I use very large, plastic (Hard) pitchers with measurements on outside. To clean them, I fill with paper towels and put them in the microwave for 2 minutes to melt wax on inside.

They come out nice and clean except when I've used a lot of red dye in the wax. So I have one just for red candles.:D