Soy chunk candle

Okay. I'm a C-3 user, and am feeling a bit wacky and experimental tonight. I have some JS's Grammie Berry's Griddlecakes oil left over, and I'm trying something new as we speak. I am currently making two 8 oz. square mason chunkies...the chunkies are colored navy blue (for blueberry's), and the overpour is a very pale tan (for the pancake part)...dark blue chunkies are hardening right now in the cookie sheet...I've popped them in the freezer to aid in release (no, I don't care if they frost...they're chunks for the love of Pete...LOL).

Since this is soy (quite opaque), and my soy wax is a container blend, what are the chances that these two candles are going to turn into the most butt-fugly things ever made? Has anyone else toyed much with soy chunk candles? I guess I don't care if they are flops, as I'm intending to burn them myself, and am just playing around, but still...possible success? A likely failure? Any comments???

Well, I basically just answered my own question. They're as butt-frickin-fugly as they come! The only chunkies you can see are at the top...the light brown layer completely hid the blue chunkies, not to mention I ran out of overpour wax during the overpour, so I quick nuked some wax (had to be unscented...ran out of FO), colored it the same color, and finished them off with some unscented soy! Dear Lord, not my evening. Oh well, they'll be fine to burn myself...it was kind of fun trying something different.

Yep you do have to pack the chunks in and make sure you have several sticking flat against the inside glass so they show. I do mine in a para/soy blend. And try to make sure my overpour is a pretty light color...so the chunks show better. Keep trying....they are alot of fun and can look great too!

I love making these, and will be adding them to my site soon.

I use soy.. ez soy that is...and just pack my chunks in and pour over. I make sure my chunks are a dark color so they show thru all over. I also only use certain containers, to be sure they look the neatest.. LOL

This gal.. Kim....friend of mine makes awsome soy chunk candles too.. http://www.kountryatheartkandles.com

I have to say I saw your site and those are the most appealing soy candles I have ever seen. They just scream out "smell me!" The chunks give them more demension that makes you want to buy them.

I love making these, and will be adding them to my site soon.

I use soy.. ez soy that is...and just pack my chunks in and pour over. I make sure my chunks are a dark color so they show thru all over. I also only use certain containers, to be sure they look the neatest.. LOL

This gal.. Kim....friend of mine makes awsome soy chunk candles too.. http://www.kountryatheartkandles.com