ELECTRIC CANDLES!!!!!!! HELP-I can't get them out of mold

I have done about 10 candles and all of a sudden everyone I do (different molds) they want to break on me. I've tried EVERYTHING. The freezer, mold release powder, pam spray, cleaning the mold out, pouring hot, pouring cooler, leaving 6 hours, leaving over night......

Am I missing something. Boy these better be a good seller when I figure them out. I solved the problem I had w/ the clips staying in and figured out that my bulb was too hot as the wax looked like it was sweating (I put more than the recommended amount of FO in, but it was melting from the 5 watt bulb). These have given me NOTHING but TROUBLE- I WILL win though :P.

ALSO does anyone know who might sell 3 watt bulbs w/ silicone on them?? I've been desperately searching for them. Any help is greatly appreciated before all my hair is gone. :grin2:

Sorry I can't help with the molds. But something occurred to me when reading your post. Is the 5 watt bulb that's too hot a common bulb? Since you're having trouble finding a 3 watt bulb, customers probably will too. If they can't find one, they'll buy what they can find. Even if it says not to, then melts the shell :( (I've burned up a few night lights cuz I could only find the 7 watters, not the 5 at the time :o ) I know that doesn't help, but it's something to think about...

Thanks never even thought of that.....THANKS for throw ANOTHER wrench in the works LOL:wink2:. Really tho I might give another bulb w/ the candle and have them for sale on my site. PLUS put in the directions not to use anything higher than a 3 watt (its only this way because I'm not using paraffin but a natural votive/pillar wax). You did help and I appreciate it as you can't always think of everything (right). :grin2:

I don't know exactly what wax you are using, so I am just shooting out ideas here. The electric candles need to be made with a high melt point wax, paraffin is recommended. Using this, your 5 watt bulb should be fine. I have used the 1343 with a little microwax, also the 1014 alone worked well. Almost any paraffin that you can use for a pillar can be used for the electric candles. I have been playing around a bit, but am by no means experienced yet. I do know that the 7 watts I had were too much and started smoking when I used them, but the 5 watts seem ok. I think any wax that is veggie based isn't going to work as well, because I think it will be more clingy to the silicone molds. I am sorry I can't be of more help to you.

An hour ago I pour one candle that's broke on me 5x now !!!! I'm thinking that I added way too much beeswax so I melted enough pillar/votive blend to make another candle and mixed the two. Its already setting up better (faster believe or not) and pulling away from the mold on the outsides nicely-knock on wood so hopefully next week I'll post my electric candles :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:.

Try this link

http://www.craftwholesalers.com/merchant.ihtml?id=930&step=2

They have pretty decent prices. Good customer service too. However if you are using the light kits, this place sells them too, (I make electric candles too) be aware that they have the metal prongs. I have found that the metal prong light kits dig and gouge around the hole and stays loose. I like the ones at Big lots and family $ better , they have the plastic prongs and do much better.

Also, are the 5 watts silicone dipped? If not, maybe try the 5w in the silicone dipped as the silicone kinda blocks some of the heat. Just my opinion. If they are 5 w dipped, this supplier does have the 3 w.

Good luck

Sherri