whipped shea

annareeb

did it today.. wasnt real pleased with it... it was plenty fluffy enough, just too greasy for me.. felt like crisco IMO... I saw someone metion that you could do a 60/40-50/50 split with VCO?? is this true.. how does it affect the texture as far as oiliness??.. the recipes i have only called for 2-3 TBS of oil... I did add some cornstarch... still very greasy..

I usually do either 60/40 or 70/30 with my whipped butters. I use the lighter oils as well. If I do use a heavier oil, I only use a small percent along with the lighter oils.

Plus, I've found that after a few days of "setting up"..they don't seem to be as greasy feeling. Also, a little goes a long way.

I got both butter and oil from MMS. I'll pm you the website address. Pm'd you too RX.

Another tip is I am also able to advertise this as 100% Pure Shea Butter (people love it!), except for the scented one of course, and I always let them know. HTH

Where do you get the shea oil?