I need to become a candle supplier

MommaD

Seriously. I am in Missouri. I just can't FIND candle suppliers, but there are a TON of candlemakers in Missouri. There is one a couple of hours away, but she has a very limited supply of products. :sigh Too bad it's a pipe dream. I can't even imagine how you would start something like that. I would give anything to be able to drive thirty minutes, an hour, even a little more, to be able to pick up supplies. Those of you that live close to a supplier, count your blessings. The closest supplier I have found is about 8 hours away.

Where in Missouri are you? I live in Southern Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. Closest supplier to me is Missouri Candle, which is right by my office. They are OUTRAGEOUSLY high, though ... I'm better off having stuff shipped!:tongue2:

I live in san diego and there is nobody even close to me. Most of the suppliers I have found are in the east. I have to pay so much for shipping!! I have been thinking of becoming a west coast supplier too but I don't know how to get started buying Ecosoya directly. I can only find websites that carry it. I don't want to just hike up the price I buy it at now, that's not really wholesale, I want to be a real wholesaler for the west coast. I don't like it when people say they are wholesale and they are really just doubling their price they paid from other distributers.

Where in Missouri are you? I live in Southern Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. Closest supplier to me is Missouri Candle, which is right by my office. They are OUTRAGEOUSLY high, though ... I'm better off having stuff shipped!:tongue2:

I live in Bunker Hill Illinois 30 minutes north of you and I wish we had a supplier close too:grin2:

I live 45 minutes from a candle supplier and am thankful.Today I did place a order on-line for some small things they don't have but really with the price of gas being $3.20 a gallon I think I would be better to just order it on-line as long as it is not heavy.It was $7.50 to ship. Even with the place that is 45 minutes from me.

I know how frustrating it is. I live in west central Minnesota, out in the toolies. I do have a wax supplier within two hours of me, but as far as any B&B supplies I am SOL. I placed an order the other day with the Chemistry Store. The order itself was about $100 and I had to pay $45 more for the shipping. I'm sure with the gas prices going up like they are that shipping costs will rise right along with it. I am afraid that it may put some of us "out of business".

No way, I want it to be in Alabama:cheesy2: . I have to order soooo far away. There is only one in the state and they don't have a lot of choices of waxes, and you have to have a tax number which I don't have right now. Wish I had somewhere that it doesn't cost me an arm and leg for shipping.

No way, I want it to be in Alabama:cheesy2: . I have to order soooo far away. There is only one in the state and they don't have a lot of choices of waxes, and you have to have a tax number which I don't have right now. Wish I had somewhere that it doesn't cost me an arm and leg for shipping.

My vote too! :D

Nuh - uh - pinkie wrestle you for it to be in Oregon

lol bring it on, all of you! :D i'd put up a good fight at least, to get a peak in my state. of course if it were in oregon, that would be just one more reason for me to move back over to the left coast :rolleyes2

there is one place in saint louis mo. and a wax place in springfield mo.the one in saint louis has lots of stuff. in springfield just wax but that saves on shipping.i get my wax from springfield.if you wont to no the address ill look it up just pm me.

I cant say for sure, but there are 2 ways that I would look into becoming a supplier. First off, check with some of the supplier companies to see if they have in plans of expanding or have any programs that would allow you to sell their products.. you would probaby have to set up a wholesale account at minimum.

You could also just buy in bulk from different suppliers, break it down to smaller sale items and just do a small mark up. These are just my ideas, as I dont know for sure... but if you all find out, let me know :cheesy2: