question from a newbie

Sorry for the question but as you kow Im a newbie. I'm making jar candles. And have notice that cleaning the pot where you melt the wax is a DISASTER. I do have the wax remover liquid but still find it hard to take the wax off. What suggestions can you give me on this.

Heat your pouring pot with a heat gun until it's really hot. Then grab a handful of paper towels and wipe it out. You'll find out that it comes out completely clean, or pretty darn close to it. If you don't have a heat gun, put the pour pot in the oven, upside down, on a baking sheet with paper towels on it. After it gets hot, do the same thing; wipe it out with paper towels.

It's the best, easiest way to do it. I can clean 6 or 7 pots in a matter of a couple of minutes.

DanaE

Hey there! Take an old cookie sheet and line it with a layer of newspapers then a layer of paper towels. Place your pot(s) upside down on the cookie sheet. Place on the lowest rack in your oven set to 150-175 degrees F. Once things heat up most of the wax will drip off on to your cookie sheet. Wipe out the residue with old rags or paper towels. :)

Hey there! Take an old cookie sheet and line it with a layer of newspapers then a layer of paper towels. Place your pot(s) upside down on the cookie sheet. Place on the lowest rack in your oven set to 150-175 degrees F. Once things heat up most of the wax will drip off on to your cookie sheet. Wipe out the residue with old rags or paper towels. :)

Ditto - I can only add that I wear THICK rubber gloves :D Burnt my hand the first time, and I ain't gonna do that again!!!