Learning to make soy container candles????

I received my first order for soy container blend and of course I am already pouring and wanting to test. I have been using 1275 in containers and am wanting to add soy...anyway..

Here's my ?

I poured cotton blossom in an 8oz Jelly Jar and then 10-15 minutes later I poured hot apple pie with 1275. The 1275 is already starting to cool and harden. The soy is still liquified, what is the deal. Will it ever harden???:confused:

I know that it will, but it seems so weird.

I'm curious. I have only made soy candles so I am wondering what is 1275? It really doesn't take all that long for soy to begin to harden. I sometimes make layered candles and the wait isn't too bad. I'm just wanting to know are you trying to mix soy with something else???? Don't mean to sound stupid, but like I said all I deal with is soy.

Did you pour the soy wax into the jar when it was still hot and completely liquid? I'm a little confused as to what you mean.

I wait until my soy is at the slushy stage to pour, and depending on the size of my container, sometimes it can take 20-30 minutes to reach a harder stage. So, I've never used paraffin, but I don know that it can seem to take quite a while for soy to get hard!

It is Homegrown Blend SOYCB from at Wix End is all that it states.

It says to melt at 200 degrees, add color, blend. Add fragrance oil and stir. Add to container and let cool.

I have been pouring at 180, not 200. It is pure liquid no slush when I pour. I have always poured 1275(vegetable/paraffin blend) and it is liquid when I pour. It dries within 1-2 hours per candle. It has been 2-3 for the soy and they are not completely hard yet.

Sorry for confusing post...I meant that I am wanting to add a line of soy besides the paraffin wax line that I already have....:grin2:.

I guess it will just take awhile from what I have read. Do I need to pour slushy????

Some manufacturers recommend to pour hot, but a lot of waxes will do fine pouring slushy. Most people like to pour hot, so they don’t have to wait for the slushy stage. So if your wax sets up nicely pouring hot, I wouldn’t change a thing. Soy does take a while to set up, mine take several hours to set up and get firm all the way through. I usually pour them in the evening and let them sit overnight. If you have issues with how the candle sets up, you could always try pouring cooler and see if that helps. Every wax I try, I pour at different temps just to see what gets me the best candle.

Besides what temp you poured at, I would also ask you what the weather has been like where you are and what's the temp of your pouring invironment? I have a small older house with no a/c and when it gets really hot here, my house just heats up. This wreaks total havoc on my candles and they will take forever to set up - even when I pour slushy. :wink2: