Sticking wax together

lol, ill tell you what it is, i have 3 coloured tealights (without wicks) and my sister was playing with them this morning, she got a wick and put them on top of each other and then put the wick through the holes and while she was out i decided to stick all of them together, ill try and get a picture up for you.

Isn't it funny how the mind works? I definitely saw 2 pillars, probably tapers, side by side, didn't even consider one on top of the other. LOL. :D What about doing them as a type of chunk candle, ie. put them in a straight sided glass or anything you can find that's just slightly bigger all round than the candles and them fill it up with melted wax. You'll need to get the wax fairly hot so that it adheres to the others. If that's not an option, you could try dipping them a few times in water that's just been boiled (you need about a couple of inches of wick to hang on to (I've tried it with a short wick and it just kept slipping out of my hand)) and then throw it in to some really cold water for a few minutes (this is how the crackle effect is achieved). I think that what your sister's done looks really effective so it would be great if you could use it. BTW, if you do try dipping in water you may want to prime your wick first (soak it in melted wax for about 5 minutes) so that it doesn't absorb lots of water. Good luck. :grin2:

I am so glad to see you continue to post here, it seems that you have the candlemaking bug??? :rolleyes2 I would put them in a cup and do an overpour just to the top of the first candle, just as suggested and see how your chunky container candle comes out. Keep posting!! :grin2:

Just remember that tealight wax is more of a container wax and when you stack them up, you are creating a pillar candle. The wax should just blob up as it burns and run all over the place. I would warm the tealights on a hot plate to heat up and level the bottoms/tops and stick them together that way.

Bruce

Still using the same old wax and crayons but i did buy some wicks on ebay and also some votive molds that are being shipped to me tommorow

Am still looking for a good/cheap supplier in the uk though.

btw - dont know weather this is the right place to post it but a website that my friend is making for the trade fair can be seen at www.candelaonline.co.uk

Just remember that tealight wax is more of a container wax and when you stack them up, you are creating a pillar candle. The wax should just blob up as it burns and run all over the place. I would warm the tealights on a hot plate to heat up and level the bottoms/tops and stick them together that way.

Bruce

Well i lit one 2 hours ago and it lighted fine has a fairly moderate melt pool and smells great, bot seen any blobbed wax yet but will post my findings later

Ok i put the candle into a sort of votive holder just came back to it now and the wax has melted in the hoder if you get what i mean, that is fine but i dont want my customers to have wax all down their fireplace or whatever they are putting their candles on so what should i do to ensure they out the candle into a proper holder ?

sell them in the holder:wink2:

I did something similar w/a bunch of tarts. Poked holes in 6 green colored tarts, slipped them on a wick pin in a 2 1/2" mold & did a clear overpour. The tarts barely touched the sides of the mold & when cooled it had six horizontal lines of green polka-dots. It's amazing how creative we can be when we have nothing better to do :P