Latest Experiment

SatinDucky

Just a thin vegetable knife. I don't have a drop saw or a wire cutter and this was the thinnest knife I could find. The soap is still very soft and will stick to the fingers if held very tight. I didn't want to wait for it to get too hard to cut then have it crumble.

Think I'm definitely going to try again and use a larger slab mold. No idea how I'll cut that, but don't want to fool with the piping again for a while :D

It's so cool, it really does float ;)

They look very nice - a guitar string works wonders for cutting soap.

I was just gonna say the same thing. My hub rigged me up some .25 guage wire with blocks on the end of them to cut my slab soap with. Works GREAT!

I've been meaning to try the whipped soap, but my "to do" list is about 5 pages long right now, so it's going on the end of the list!! lol

Just when I thought I'd seen it all...pink turds by the fireside!! The soap is so pretty :) I love it!

ROFLMAO

I think that whipped soap turned out beautiful Cheryl, you're just tooo good at everything!! I'm jealous, I swear I have a list about 5 pages long also Of the things I want to try and never get around to crossing any of them off, just never enough time to do so. :(

Of course, I spend sooo much friggin' time on here........:rolleyes2

I was going to say that they also look like soft serve! LOL. I love the color on the other soap.

What is the purpouse of whipped soap? Never made it or used it here... it is hard like regular soap, right? Why whip it?Today 08:23 PM

I was wondering the same thing. This sounds so interesting. :cheesy2:

Why? Umm... because it's there? LOL

No, really now. I've been watching a thread on an other board and looking at tutorials on how this is done. Terry(who came up with the method) has some of the most gorgeous soaps. Here's his site....

http://home.exetel.com.au/lozniz/Whipped/index.htm

Yes, it does get hard, but it takes a bit longer. The soap don't last as long in the shower, but you get twice as many from a batch (from the added air).

Why? Umm... because it's there? LOL

No, really now. I've been watching a thread on an other board and looking at tutorials on how this is done. Terry(who came up with the method) has some of the most gorgeous soaps. Here's his site....

http://home.exetel.com.au/lozniz/Whipped/index.htm

Yes, it does get hard, but it takes a bit longer. The soap don't last as long in the shower, but you get twice as many from a batch (from the added air).

How funny Ducky, I just bookmarked that site this morning. Looks like silicone muffin pans might be ideal.... Ohhhhhh nooooooo not another project......

e

How funny Ducky, I just bookmarked that site this morning. Looks like silicone muffin pans might be ideal.... Ohhhhhh nooooooo not another project......

e

According to Terry, they're perfect! :D

He tested rebatching whipped soap for me too, syas it works great. Others have also mentioned whipping rebatched soap. More on the "to do" list :laugh2: