Where do I get the Curled Wicks???

Hi All,

I am a newbie and I have noticed many candles with the wicks that are curled some how. Where can I get those wicks from? I don't even know what they are called. I saw a picture in the gallery that had them and they were saying the swirled clams look great but I am assuming that they were talking about the wicks.

Can someone please let me know where I can get the curled wicks. Those look so nice and decorative!! TIA!

Veronica

LOL...Thanks all!! I feel so crazy now :rolleyes2 I was talking about 2 different things. I thought that the wicks didn't come curled but I didn't know for sure. As you can tell I am a very newbie!! Thanks again for the much needed info!!

Veronica

Just make sure you trim them before you sell them. There are people out there that would light the wick like that. Never a good idea to do it to begin with, JMO

It was my pics on the gallery as I saw your question on there but someone answered it right after your post. I twist the wicks around bamboo skewers (I also give them away as cheap wick dippers, IMO an AWESOME idea given to me by a GREAT chandlier when I first started out).

The swirls or marbling is a technique using either two different colored waxes and pouring at the same time. Also you can achieve this look by not dying your wax and just as it gets cloudy you add a few drops of liquid dye spread apart then take those handy skewers and speaded the dye a little giving a marbled look, then pour SLOWLY. That's the directions I got off another board. I'm a Newbie at this :grin2: and it shows- but its fun to practice.

As for twirling the wicks I put in the directions to trim the wick before burning. Its a chance you take as not everyone reads the directions. HTH :wink2: