I just *have* to tell you about this experience I just had

daniedb

I've been mixing and mixing for weeks, trying to find an elusive fragrance that I have in mind to offer for Christmas this year. I'm just getting so frustrated, and have almost given up a few times. However, I'm determined to get it perfect. So, tonight, after reading a good review of Nature's Garden Candles, I went there to see what they have to offer for Skin Safe Christmas fragrances.

I ended up finding two scents that I thought might be good, and I put them in my cart, discovering that they only ship UPS and it was going to cost over $7 for the shipping, when the two sample sizes I wanted were only $5. So, I emailed them just to double check and see if they have any kind of Priority Mail program for smaller orders. I mentioned what I was trying to do, that I was searching for either the perfect scent, or a few great ones that I can use for mixers.

I received an email back, within about an hour, that sadly, they don't offer anything but UPS for shipping. She asked what scent I was looking for, and so I went into detail about the idea in my head, and what I've tried.

Tonight, I got an email from Deborah, one of the owners of NG, who said that she'd read my email. Not only did she say she'd personally send my samples Priority to save me some money, she also said that my request had interested her enough to go into the mixing room herself and try to come up with something for me. She gave me a ton of suggestions, and could not have been more helpful.

Can you believe it? In this day of terrible customer service, it is so refreshing to have such a wonderful experience with a vendor, one who values you as a person and as a businesswoman, and who is willing to go the extra, not just mile, but marathon, to get you what you want?

I just had to share, I hope that you guys find Nature's Garden as helpful as I have!

**You people better not go be emailing her asking for Priority Mail exemptions now...I don't want her good deeds to create more trouble for her! :tongue2: **

Customer service is so important!! I love when suppliers go out of their way to help. Alan and Nachelle have done things for me before and Becky at Just Scent as well.

Good products and pricing will only take a business so far, IMO. It's the customer service that will KEEP their customers and bring them new ones.

Deb from NG is great to work with. Back when she had the NG message board, she told everyone that if you come up with a certain scent mixture, they'll produce it exclusively for you. You can also submit scent requests and they try to get it. Great people there.

I received an email back, within about an hour, that sadly, they don't offer anything but UPS for shipping. She asked what scent I was looking for, and so I went into detail about the idea in my head, and what I've tried.

Tonight, I got an email from Deborah, one of the owners of NG, who said that she'd read my email. Not only did she say she'd personally send my samples Priority to save me some money, she also said that my request had interested her enough to go into the mixing room herself and try to come up with something for me. She gave me a ton of suggestions, and could not have been more helpful.

Can you believe it? In this day of terrible customer service, it is so refreshing to have such a wonderful experience with a vendor, one who values you as a person and as a businesswoman, and who is willing to go the extra, not just mile, but marathon, to get you what you want?

They have GREAT Customer Service!!! I just emailed them a day ago asking a question about my beginners kit that I had received. I thought that I wasn't going to get a response until a couple of days. WRONG!!! I got a response within 5 Mins!!!! Giving me my answers to what I was looking for!! That was awesome!!!

They have really won me over for customer service!! Maybe if enough of us ask for that type of shipping they would consider it for us! I'm not going to do that but it is an idea. Because there are times that I might need to order a few items but wouldn't order because the shipping is too high!! What do you all think?

Veronica

Customer service is so important!! I love when suppliers go out of their way to help. Alan and Nachelle have done things for me before and Becky at Just Scent as well.

Good products and pricing will only take a business so far, IMO. It's the customer service that will KEEP their customers and bring them new ones.

Absolutely Trish, great point you made. :cheesy2:

I am ALL about the Customer Service. The prices really are secondary. If you cannot answer an email or return a phone call in a reasonable amount of time you have no business being in BUSINESS. Period.

I have scratched all my less than stellar suppliers off my list and found replacements for the products I buy from them. I used to give alot of them the benefit of the doubt, but when it starts affecting my business and compromising my customers needs its time for the good ole' boot!