Yo Bruce! Send Me Your Peppercorn, LOL

eugenia

I know this is backwards, should have done the tester 1st but I had this pic in my mind when I got that FO and I was itching to pour. This is after 2 3 hour burns. A little more of a shell than I'd like but I think they'll be OK to sell, better than half of what is on the market, LOL. Opinions are welcome. Next batch I'll go up to 36ply flat.

e

pepburn2.jpg

I would HATE to remelt those Rustics but they will be reborn as lovely grey, black and white chunkies if they must. Going to give it a few more burns before I admit you are right,Top, LOL! Guess I can't fully rely on making candles too pretty to burn, can I?

e

In truth, my dear, it looks underwicked by possibly even more than one size. That would bug me in your shoes. If you were doing 4 hour burn tests it might be just working with the help of a hug by I suspect this isn't going to burn down very well 3 hours at a time.

You probably can't rely on that quite enough.

Actually it's unfortunate that there are so many who accumulate them as decorations and hardly ever burn them. Good candles live to be burned and it's not like we can't make more. Kind of like the Doritos commercial.

I want to beat them with a rolled up newspaper and shout "Light your goddamned candles!" :wink2:

I want to beat them with a rolled up newspaper and shout "Light your goddamned candles!" :wink2:

Guilty as charged :D Sometimes it's just impossible. Ya know... start moving the match towards the wick and the hand shakes so bad the flame goes out. It's a psychological problem some of us just can't help :laugh2: Though I am getting better now ...LOL

Sometimes, I give people at work candles and ask them to test them for me. I ask them, "Did you burn your candle yet?" When they say "no, I do not want to ruin it" or "it's too pretty to burn." I get frustrated because I need to know how it burns. I know how you all feel on that issue!

For some of those heavier ones I actually go to a sb wick. I like the fb better (and use it most always) because I think they smoke less, but for heavier FOs sb seems to do the job. If you need some I can throw some in an envelope and send it out to you to give a try.