Strawberries and cream

I'm not tired of your pic's Lola! Your colors are real nice, but if you are trying to avoid that rustic look....take your handy dandy heat gun to that mold as soon as you do your over-pour (all the way around) for a minute or so and you will end up with a nice shiney flat surface! If you knew this already, then forget I said a thing. :grin2:

I'm not tired of your pic's Lola! Your colors are real nice, but if you are trying to avoid that rustic look....take your handy dandy heat gun to that mold as soon as you do your over-pour (all the way around) for a minute or so and you will end up with a nice shiney flat surface! If you knew this already, then forget I said a thing. :grin2:

Thanks MaryinCary,I didn't even think of that. Next time I make one I'll do that. I just love doing the chunkies, might be cuz I can't get a plain pillar to turn out right :grin2:

Thanks again.

Lola, I LOVE your chunks, and these look terrific (of course). Keep up the good work. :cheesy2: Oh, and thanks for the comment about rustics - the same thing keeps happening to me so I'll also try the heat gun treatment. Isn't it great how information and handy hints get passed around.

Thanks all for looking and the great comments on my chunks. Just wish I could make a shiny smooth plain pillar. The one color plain ones come out with scratches and I don't know why, cuz I'm real careful taking them out of the mold. Oh well guess I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

Those sorta look like raspberry...they are a very pretty color and sometimes the look you are going for doesn't happen, but something better takes it's place. Those look great. I let my chunkies be rustic, because most of them I crackle and then it shines them up. If you use a tiny bit of Gloss Poly, 1/2 to 1 tsp to your wax it should fix it. You have to heat it high, but my candles always come out smooth when I use it. It took me a long time to do rustics because I didn't know not to use the gloss poly. It lightens the color too so be careful. Donita

Those sorta look like raspberry...they are a very pretty color and sometimes the look you are going for doesn't happen, but something better takes it's place. Those look great. I let my chunkies be rustic, because most of them I crackle and then it shines them up. If you use a tiny bit of Gloss Poly, 1/2 to 1 tsp to your wax it should fix it. You have to heat it high, but my candles always come out smooth when I use it. It took me a long time to do rustics because I didn't know not to use the gloss poly. It lightens the color too so be careful. Donita

Thanks.I want to try a crackle, but scared to do it...guess I'm chicken. afraid I'll ruin a good candle, but one of these days I'll try it and if I kill a candle, I'll just revive it with a remelt. :grin2: