shrink wrapping

Candlelovr

Hello All!

Im interested in starting to shrink wrap my candles, can anyone tell me what i need? Nothing too extravagant, just a lil one if I can find it. I know nothing about shrink wrapping, so if you can tell me what accessories I will need also, I would appreciate it :)

TIA,

Candlelovr

You'll need shrink wrap (tubing or bags), impulse sealer and heat gun!

You can get an impulse sealer on ebay or at

http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp

shrink wrap at http://www.packcoinc.com They carry the tubing, it's not listed on their site so you'll need to call Laura but I've checked around and they by far have the best price I've found PLUS free shipping on orders over $25!

could you use a foodsaver to seal or do they get too hot? just curious

You know...there was a discussion about that on the old CT but I'm not remembering exactly whether it worked or not. I bet it would though, try it and see!

I remember that using a foodsaver would work, but the cost and time is so much more that shrink wrapping.
I meant for the sealing only(not for vaccum sealing)...I have never used shrink wrap tubes.. so i didnt know they needed to be sealed.. then shrunk... just filing away for future info as I allready own a foodsaver ..

Something like this is on the old board. I think they determined it would seal, not shrink. Or maybe that was some kind of $25 gadget thing at Wal-Mart. Haven't tried them. Own an impulse sealer and sticking with it, since the surface of my impulse sealer is up to 12" as opposed to a smaller sealing area.