Wax to go up????

I would think this might be true due to gas cost. Shipping and freight will be very high and hobby chandlers will be discontinuing their hobby.

I know my local supplier said everything was going up yet again! They just raised all of their prices 2 months ago and saw a huge drop off in customers buying candles supplies.:undecided

My wax went up in July and I just called in an order and the guy told me it will go up again in october. He said last year he would order 1 semi a month of wax so far this year he has only order 2 for whole year!!! business is bad all around!!!!!

On the plus side....at least that means there won't be 20 chandlers trying to do one show. I suggest if you DO have other local chandlers to combine your orders to save everyone on shipping. I have been doing that with another lady for a few years now. She actually lives in another state, but we live about 1.5 hours from each other. we meet halfway and split our loot.

Guest ShellyRobyn
I suggest if you DO have other local chandlers to combine your orders to save everyone on shipping. I have been doing that with another lady for a few years now. She actually lives in another state, but we live about 1.5 hours from each other. we meet halfway and split our loot.

I would love to find someone to do this with. I just ordered 4 cases and shipping was over $70! Yikes! :tongue2:

The economic backlash will be felt for a long time. The companies that were just making it. Will be out of business. Wich in turn will mean less competiton. Then will in turn lead to higher prices.

I hope I am wrong. However it looks like were experiencing this.

We had a price increase very recently, and I've no doubt we'll have another soon. In fact, the supplier that I used to get my wax from stopped carrying that wax because of the increase.

I assume it'll keep going up for a while. I'm just watching for sales at the suppliers sites to get my wax cheaper (My supplier just had a sale- $29 and change per case of wax! I bought 4 cases and may buy more before the sale ends in a couple of days).

I'm lucky to have a supplier very close by to get one of my waxes from; at least the shipping is very cheap. People just starting or who are barely making a profit may end up getting out of the business, which would be a shame. And I'm sure we'll all have to go up on prices, which will make it harder to sell candles.

In the end, it's something I love and I'd probably do it even if it cost $200 a case! (just maybe only for myself though *G*).

DanaE