I Need Advice About A Big Order

SueH

Here is what I did for a Dental Office. The promotional Manager just so happens to be a good friend of mine, a Tester( She power burns every candle she gets) and one of my best customers.

Once a year they give out goody baskets to some of the suppliers, She came to me and wanted 26 or 36 of my hex jars ( I only have the 7oz). I told her that I would give him 10% of the whole order. She told me ABSOLUTLY NOT. I was to charge him full price.

I sold them last yr for $5.00 and this year they are $5.50. Was told that was still to cheap.

Any how back to topic. Don't Discount them unless its not in the budget they have in mind. Great promotional tool to utilize. But since the office already knows that you sell them for $1.00 each , or I'm assuming they do, 2-1 says they have that set aside in the budget for the lip balm. :grin2:. Go ahead and charge them $1.00 per tube.

and Congrats on the oppertunity to get more customers.

I'm just curious if the dentist or his designee has already agreed to the $1 per lip balm? If so, then there's no concern about a discount, unless you just wanted to give them one. If the discount issue is a sticking point on getting the big order, then you could propose the discount.

Congrats on your big order!